Camping on Kilimanjaro
On routes other than Marangu (which has mountain huts), we provide modern mountaineering tents with ground sheets & cold-weather sleeping mats. Large mess tents with floors hold aluminum tables and chairs with backs & arm-rests. We also provide sanitary portable flush toilets inside enclosed tents.
Our camping equipment:
- Mountain Hardwear Trango 3.1 sleeping tents (a triple tent used as a double or single (with supplement), each tent with a custom-made ground sheet covering the both vestibules, to allow clean & dry storage of gear, and keeping water, mud or dust from entering the tent.
- Large cold-weather sleeping mats (closed cell foam) for each climber
- Large weatherproof dining tent with windows, floors, and removable sides to take down in warm & pleasant weather. At night, the tent is lit with candle light. This tent is used for breakfast, lunch (if bad weather), and dinner.
- Aluminum dining tables and large aluminum chairs with backs and arm rests, for all meals. * Wash stands provided for washing hands before each meal.
- Wash basins provided for each trekker.
- Fresh hand towels are provided before each meal.
- Large private toilet tents only for our guests, with portable flush toilets on a stable base. For 8+ climbers, two toilet tents are provided.
- Hot water prepared for climber's bottles at night
- We offer high quality rental gear/ trekking clothing like synthetic sleeping bags, Gore-Tex outer wear, warm layers, trekking poles, etc ...