Get our newsletter!
: "One of the most eye-catching guides to the world’s volcanoes ever published.
: Our professional team of volcanologists and photographers offers unique travel opportunities: volcano expeditions, photo tours, and relaxed walking & study tours.
The Volcano Adventure Guide
: Excellent information and background for anyone wishing to visit active volcanoes safely and enjoyably. The book presents guidelines to visiting 42 different volcanoes around the world.
: spaces available / : guaranteed / : few spaces left / : booked out
Scientific articles about the geology of Milos island:
- Christidis G., Dunhamm A.C. (1993) Compositional variations in smectites: part 1. Alteration of intermediatevolcanic rocks. A case study from Milos Island, Greece. Clay Minerals 1993, June 28, pp. 255-273.
- Fytikas, M., Innocenti, F., Kolios, N., Manetti, P., Mazzuoli, R., Poli, G. , Rita, F. , and Villari, L. (1986> Volcanology and petrology of volcanic products from the island of Milos and neighbouring islets: Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research, v. 28, p. 297-317.
- Georgalas, G.C. (1962) Catalogue of the active volcanoes of the world including solfatara fields; Part XII Greece, International Association of Volcanology, Rome, Italy, 40 p.
- Naden, J, Kilias, S.P., Leng, M.J. and Cheliotis, I. (2003) Do fluid inclusions preserve d18O values of hydrothermal fluids in epithermal systems over geological time? Evidence from paleo- and modern geothermal systems, Milos island, Aegean Sea. Chemical Geology, 197, pp. 143-159.
- Simkin, T. , and Siebert, L. (1994) Volcanoes of the World, Geoscience Press, Tucson, Arizona, 349 p.
More on VolcanoDiscovery:
Photos from Germany
: Germany has a large number of volcanoes - most of them extinct, but the Eifel volcanic field is still potentially active.
Volcano Calendar 2015
: We're proud to present our new volcano calendar 2015: 13 different and attractive images of volcanoes, volcanic landscapes and phenomena taken during volcano tours over the past few years.