Stratovolcano, volcanic domes 680 m
Dodecanese Islands, Greece, 36.58°N / 27.17°E
Nisyros webcams / live data
Nisyros volcano eruptions:
- hydrothermic explosions of the crater "Micros Polyvotis"
- hydrothermic explosions
- hydrothermic explosions of the crater "Stefanos"
- hydrothermic eruptions of the Kaminakia craters
- building of postcalderic volcano domes
- effusive eruption of the central caldera of Nisyros ("Upper pumice")
- effusive eruption of the central caldera of Nisyros ("Lower pumice")
- effusive eruption ("Kira-Formation")
- first submarin eruptions
Typical eruption style:
Hydrothermal explosions, effusive volcano, volcano domes
Last earthquakes nearby
Photos from volcanoes all over the world, taken during our expeditions.
Hundreds of photos from active Krakatau volcano in the Sunda Strait, Indonesia. Most of them taken during our various expeditions to this fascinating volcano.
List and interactive map of recent earthquakes world-wide.