Earthquakes Today: latest quakes near Cotopaxi volcano: past 14 days
Updated Oct 17, 2021 07:54 GMT -
There were no significant earthquakes near Cotopaxi volcano during the past 14 days.
Show interactive Map
Archive | Volcano info | Past 24 hours | 48 hrs | 7 days | 14 days | 30 days | Yesterday | Past month | Past year
Earthquake Catalog - Look up past earthquakesLook up past earthquakes in this area by date or date range:
Look up quakes!
Sources of information / literature:
- Smithsonian / GVP Cotopaxi volcano information
- Minard Hall and Patricia Mothes (2008) "The rhyolitic–andesitic eruptive history of Cotopaxi volcano, Ecuador", Bull. Volc., v. 70 (6), pp. 675-70
- Jan Kozák and Vladimír Čermák (2010) "The Illustrated History of Natural Disasters", Springer (Netherlands), pp 95-96
- Barberi et al (1995) "Chronology and dispersal characteristics of recently (last 5000 years) erupted tephra of Cotopaxi (Ecuador): implications for long-term eruptive forecasting", Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research, v 69 (3-4), pp. 217-239
- Pistolesi et al (2011) "Physical volcanology of the post–twelfth-century activity at Cotopaxi volcano, Ecuador: Behavior of an andesitic central volcano", GSA Bulletin; May 2011; v. 123; no. 5-6; p. 1193-1215
- Mothes et al (1998) "The enormous Chillos Valley Lahar: an ash-flow-generated debris flow from Cotopaxi Volcano, Ecuador", Bull. Volc., v. 59 (4), pp. 233-244