Mag. 3.6 earthquake - 49 km southeast of Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico, on 2020-07-22 04:05:39 (Hora de México) -
Quake Data | Interactive map | User Reports | Earlier quakes in same area | Quakes in Mexico | Baja California | Sonora | Mexico City
Minor magnitude 3.6 earthquake at 20 km depth
22 Jul 13:07 UTC: First to report: SSN after 4 hours.
Local time at epicenter: 2020-07-22 04:05:39 (Hora de México)
Depth: 20.0 km
Epicenter latitude / longitude: 32.26°N / 115.16°W (Mexicali Municipality, Baja California, Mexico)
Nearest volcano: Salton Buttes (113 km / 70 mi)
Nearby towns and cities:
2 km (1 mi) NNE of Las Palmas (pop: 20) --> See nearby quakes!
6 km (4 mi) WSW of Guadalupe Victoria (pop: 17,100) --> See nearby quakes!
11 km (7 mi) SSE of Delta (pop: 5,180) --> See nearby quakes!
17 km (10 mi) WNW of Estacion Coahuila (Estación Coahuila) (pop: 7,600) --> See nearby quakes!
19 km (12 mi) S of Ejido Saltillo (pop: 1,560) --> See nearby quakes!
27 km (17 mi) SSE of Ejido Michoacan de Ocampo (pop: 3,090) --> See nearby quakes!
39 km (24 mi) SSE of Puebla (pop: 15,200) --> See nearby quakes!
42 km (26 mi) WSW of San Luis Rio Colorado (Sonora) (pop: 158,100) --> See nearby quakes!
49 km (31 mi) SE of Mexicali (pop: 689,800) --> See nearby quakes!
2143 km (1331 mi) NW of Mexico City (pop: 12,294,200) --> See nearby quakes!
Primary data source: SSN (Servicio Sismológico Nacional)
Estimated released energy: 1.6 x 1010 joules (4.4 megawatt hours, equivalent to 3.79 tons of TNT) More info
Data for the same earthquake reported by different agencies
Info: The more agencies report about the same quake and post similar data, the more confidence you can have in the data. It takes normally up to a few hours until earthquake parameters are calculated with near-optimum precision.
|M 3.6||20 km||6 km al SUROESTE de GPE VICTORIA(KM.43), BC (Mexico)||SSN|
User reports for this quake
User reports estimate the perceived ground shaking intensity according to the MMI (Modified Mercalli Intensity) scale.
be the first to report it!There are no user reports for this quake yet. If you felt it
Earlier earthquakes in the same area since 1900Mag. 3.6 earthquake - 49 km southeast of Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico, on 2020-07-22 04:05:39 (Hora de México)
- 28 Jun 1992 11:57| 7.3 |unknown|29 years ago|246km / 153mi| Landers, California Earthquake (USA)
- 04 Apr 2010 22:40| 7.2 |10km / 6.2mi|11 years ago|13km / 8mi| 12km SW of Delta, B.C., MX (Mexico)
- 21 Nov 1915 00:13| 7.0 |unknown|105 years ago|33km / 20mi| Sonora, Mexico
- 19 May 1940 04:36| 6.9 |6km / 3.7mi|81 years ago|68km / 42mi| 4km N of Holtville, CA (USA)
- 09 Feb 1956 14:32| 6.8 |6km / 3.7mi|65 years ago|112km / 69mi| 34km ENE of Maneadero, B.C., MX (Mexico)
- 24 Nov 1987 13:15| 6.6 |11.2km / 7mi|33 years ago|106km / 66mi| 22km W of Westmorland, CA (USA)
- 09 Apr 1968 02:28| 6.6 |10km / 6.2mi|53 years ago|135km / 84mi| 5km NNE of Ocotillo Wells, CA (USA)
- 21 Oct 1942 16:22| 6.6 |6km / 3.7mi|78 years ago|99km / 61mi| 17km WSW of Westmorland, CA (USA)
- 07 Aug 1966 17:36| 6.5 |15km / 9.3mi|54 years ago|91km / 57mi| Baja California-Sonora Border Region, Mexico
- 15 Oct 1979 23:16| 6.4 |15km / 9.3mi|41 years ago|49km / 30mi| 10km E of Mexicali, B.C., MX (Mexico)
Hint: Click on Date/Time to show latest first