Strong mag. 6.2 earthquake - South of the Fiji Islands on Monday, 12 March 1984 at 10:50 (GMT)
Quake Data | Interactive map | User Reports | Aftershocks | Earlier quakes in same area | Quakes in Fiji | Central
Strong magnitude 6.2 earthquake at 547 km depth
Depth: 546.5 km
Epicenter latitude / longitude: 23.423°S / 179.971°W (Fiji)
Nearby towns and cities:
610 km (379 mi) SSE of Suva (pop: 77,400) --> See nearby quakes!
Primary data source: USGS (United States Geological Survey)
Estimated released energy: 1.3 x 1014 joules (35 gigawatt hours, equivalent to 30089 tons of TNT or 1.9 atomic bombs!) More info
Data for the same earthquake reported by different agencies
Info: The more agencies report about the same quake and post similar data, the more confidence you can have in the data. It takes normally up to a few hours until earthquake parameters are calculated with near-optimum precision.
|M 6.2||547 km||south of the Fiji Islands||USGS|
User reports for this quake
User reports estimate the perceived ground shaking intensity according to the MMI (Modified Mercalli Intensity) scale.
be the first to report it!There are no user reports for this quake yet. If you felt it
Aftershocks of the 6.2 quake South of the Fiji Islands 12 March 1984 10:50 GMT
More infoRecorded aftershocks, latest first (5 quakes):
- 06 Sep 1984 07:24 UTC| M 5.2 |566.2 km (351.8 mi) depth|8 km (5 mi) distance| USGS | Details
- 02 Aug 1984 05:00 UTC| M 5.4 |571.8 km (355.3 mi) depth|13 km (8 mi) distance| USGS | Details
- 01 Aug 1984 16:08 UTC| M 5.0 |535.5 km (332.7 mi) depth|39 km (24 mi) distance| USGS | Details
- 06 Jul 1984 22:15 UTC| M 5.0 |540.3 km (335.7 mi) depth|21 km (13 mi) distance| USGS | Details
- 01 Apr 1984 17:57 UTC| M 5.0 |519.1 km (322.6 mi) depth|23 km (15 mi) distance| USGS | Details