Strong mag. 6.2 earthquake - Minahasa, Sulawesi, Indonesia, on Thursday, 13 December 1990 at 12:26 (GMT)
Quake Data | Interactive map | User Reports | Aftershocks | Earlier quakes in same area | Quakes in Indonesia | Jakarta
Strong magnitude 6.2 earthquake at 33 km depth
Depth: 33.0 km
Epicenter latitude / longitude: 1.116°N / 124.034°E (Indonesia)
Nearest volcano: Ambang (60 km / 37 mi)
Nearby towns and cities:
2075 km (1290 mi) ENE of Jakarta (pop: 8,540,100) --> See nearby quakes!
Primary data source: USGS (United States Geological Survey)
Estimated released energy: 1.3 x 1014 joules (35 gigawatt hours, equivalent to 30089 tons of TNT or 1.9 atomic bombs!) More info
Data for the same earthquake reported by different agencies
Info: The more agencies report about the same quake and post similar data, the more confidence you can have in the data. It takes normally up to a few hours until earthquake parameters are calculated with near-optimum precision.
|M 6.2||33 km||Minahasa, Sulawesi, Indonesia||USGS|
User reports for this quake
User reports estimate the perceived ground shaking intensity according to the MMI (Modified Mercalli Intensity) scale.
be the first to report it!There are no user reports for this quake yet. If you felt it
Aftershocks of the 6.2 quake Minahasa, Sulawesi, Indonesia, 13 December 1990 12:26 GMT
More infoRecorded aftershocks, latest first (5 quakes):
- 27 Jan 1991 19:05 UTC| M 5.0 |33 km (20.5 mi) depth|38 km (23 mi) distance| USGS | Details
- 23 Dec 1990 01:11 UTC| M 5.4 |49.5 km (30.8 mi) depth|13 km (8 mi) distance| USGS | Details
- 13 Dec 1990 19:28 UTC| M 5.2 |33 km (20.5 mi) depth|12 km (7 mi) distance| USGS | Details
- 13 Dec 1990 13:00 UTC| M 5.1 |33 km (20.5 mi) depth|3 km (2 mi) distance| USGS | Details
- 13 Dec 1990 12:41 UTC| M 5.3 |33 km (20.5 mi) depth|9 km (6 mi) distance| USGS | Details