Moderate mag. 5.5 earthquake - Easter Island Region (Chile) on Thursday, 23 June 2005 at 12:44 (GMT)
Quake Data | Interactive map | User Reports | Aftershocks | Earlier quakes in same area | Quakes in Chile | Santiago Metropolitan
Moderate magnitude 5.5 earthquake at 10 km depth
Depth: 10.0 km
Epicenter latitude / longitude: 29.261°S / 112.51°W (Chile)
Nearby towns and cities:
3977 km (2471 mi) W of Santiago (pop: 4,837,300) --> See nearby quakes!
Primary data source: USGS (United States Geological Survey)
Estimated released energy: 1.1 x 1013 joules (3.12 gigawatt hours, equivalent to 2682 tons of TNT or 0.2 atomic bombs!) More info
Data for the same earthquake reported by different agencies
Info: The more agencies report about the same quake and post similar data, the more confidence you can have in the data. It takes normally up to a few hours until earthquake parameters are calculated with near-optimum precision.
|M 5.5||10 km||Easter Island region (Chile)||USGS|
User reports for this quake
User reports estimate the perceived ground shaking intensity according to the MMI (Modified Mercalli Intensity) scale.
be the first to report it!There are no user reports for this quake yet. If you felt it
Aftershocks of the 5.5 quake Easter Island Region (Chile) 23 June 2005 12:44 GMT
More infoRecorded aftershocks, latest first (5 quakes):
- 23 Jun 2005 20:22 UTC| M 4.8 |10 km (6.2 mi) depth|27 km (17 mi) distance| USGS | Details
- 23 Jun 2005 18:32 UTC| M 5.2 |10 km (6.2 mi) depth|16 km (10 mi) distance| USGS | Details
- 23 Jun 2005 16:20 UTC| M 4.7 |10 km (6.2 mi) depth|24 km (15 mi) distance| USGS | Details
- 23 Jun 2005 13:52 UTC| M 4.6 |10 km (6.2 mi) depth|30 km (19 mi) distance| USGS | Details
- 23 Jun 2005 13:19 UTC| M 4.8 |10 km (6.2 mi) depth|33 km (21 mi) distance| USGS | Details