Mag. 2.4 earthquake - 9km W of Puebla, B.C., MX (Mexico), on Sunday, 13 July 1980 at 17:54 (GMT)
Quake Data | Interactive map | User Reports | Earlier quakes in same area | Quakes in Mexico | Quakes in the US | Baja California | California | Mexico City
Minor magnitude 2.4 earthquake at 15 km depth
Depth: 15.0 km
Epicenter latitude / longitude: 32.56333°N / 115.44883°W (Mexico)
Nearest volcano: Cerro Prieto (21 km / 13 mi)
Nearby towns and cities:
2 km (1 mi) NW of Poblado Palo Verde (pop: 122) --> See nearby quakes!
7 km (4 mi) S of Mexicali (pop: 689,800) --> See nearby quakes!
9 km (6 mi) W of Puebla (pop: 15,200) --> See nearby quakes!
13 km (8 mi) E of Progreso (pop: 12,600) --> See nearby quakes!
14 km (9 mi) SSE of Calexico (USA) (pop: 40,100) --> See nearby quakes!
14 km (9 mi) ESE of Santa Isabel (pop: 29,300) --> See nearby quakes!
17 km (11 mi) NW of Ejido Michoacan de Ocampo (pop: 3,090) --> See nearby quakes!
28 km (17 mi) SSE of El Centro (USA) (pop: 44,000) --> See nearby quakes!
44 km (28 mi) NW of Guadalupe Victoria (pop: 17,100) --> See nearby quakes!
2185 km (1358 mi) NW of Mexiko (pop: 12,294,200) --> See nearby quakes!
Primary data source: USGS (United States Geological Survey)
Estimated released energy: 2.5 x 108 joules (69.8 kilowatt hours) More info
Data for the same earthquake reported by different agencies
Info: The more agencies report about the same quake and post similar data, the more confidence you can have in the data. It takes normally up to a few hours until earthquake parameters are calculated with near-optimum precision.
|M 2.4||15 km||9km W of Puebla, B.C., MX (Mexico)||USGS|
User reports for this quake
User reports estimate the perceived ground shaking intensity according to the MMI (Modified Mercalli Intensity) scale.At magnitude 2.4, this quake might have been felt very close to the epicenter and under calm conditions.
be the first to report it!There are no user reports for this quake yet. If you felt it
Earlier earthquakes in the same area since 1900Mag. 2.4 earthquake - 9km W of Puebla, B.C., MX (Mexico), on Sunday, 13 July 1980 at 17:54 (GMT)
- 21 Nov 1915 00:13| 7.0 |unknown|105 years ago|76km / 47mi| Sonora, Mexico
- 19 May 1940 04:36| 6.9 |6km / 3.7mi|81 years ago|32km / 20mi| 4km N of Holtville, CA (USA)
- 09 Feb 1956 14:32| 6.8 |6km / 3.7mi|65 years ago|110km / 68mi| 34km ENE of Maneadero, B.C., MX (Mexico)
- 09 Apr 1968 02:28| 6.6 |10km / 6.2mi|53 years ago|92km / 57mi| 5km NNE of Ocotillo Wells, CA (USA)
- 21 Oct 1942 16:22| 6.6 |6km / 3.7mi|78 years ago|56km / 35mi| 17km WSW of Westmorland, CA (USA)
- 07 Aug 1966 17:36| 6.5 |15km / 9.3mi|54 years ago|134km / 83mi| Baja California-Sonora Border Region, Mexico
- 15 Oct 1979 23:16| 6.4 |15km / 9.3mi|41 years ago|14km / 9mi| 10km E of Mexicali, B.C., MX (Mexico)
- 19 Mar 1954 09:54| 6.4 |6km / 3.7mi|67 years ago|101km / 63mi| 12km W of Salton City, CA (USA)
- 31 Dec 1934 18:45| 6.4 |6km / 3.7mi|86 years ago|50km / 31mi| 5km S of Alberto Oviedo Mota, B.C., MX (Mexico)
- 09 Jun 1980 03:28| 6.3 |6km / 3.7mi|41 years ago|51km / 32mi| 5km SE of Alberto Oviedo Mota, B.C., MX (Mexico)
Hint: Click on Date/Time to show latest first