Minor mag. 0.2 earthquake - 3km S of Cobb, CA (USA) on Saturday, 12 September 2020
12 Sep 14:18 UTC: First to report: USGS after 2 minutes.
Data for the same earthquake reported by different agencies
Info: The more agencies report about the same quake and post similar data, the more confidence you can have in the data. It takes normally up to a few hours until earthquake parameters are calculated with near-optimum precision.
|Time||Mag. / Depth||Location||Source|
|Sat, 12 Sep 14:16 UTC||M 0.2 / 1.3 km||3km S of Cobb, CA (USA)||USGS|
User reports for this quake
User reports estimate the perceived ground shaking intensity according to the MMI (modified Mercalli) scale.At magnitude 0.2, this quake was too small to be felt by humans, but it was recorded instrumentally.
Significant earlier earthquakes in the same area since 1900Minor mag. 0.2 earthquake - 3km S of Cobb, CA (USA) on Saturday, 12 September 2020
- 18 Apr 1906 13:12| 7.9 |11.7km / 7.3mi|115 years ago|117km / 73mi| The 1906 San Francisco Earthquake (USA)
- 21 Jul 1952 11:52| 7.5 |6km / 3.7mi|68 years ago|540km / 336mi| 6km WNW of Grapevine, CA (USA)
- 28 Jun 1992 11:57| 7.3 |unknown|28 years ago|759km / 472mi| Landers, California Earthquake (USA)
- 16 Dec 1954 11:07| 7.3 |15km / 9.3mi|66 years ago|402km / 250mi| Nevada (USA)
- 31 Jan 1922 13:17| 7.3 |15km / 9.3mi|99 years ago|352km / 219mi| Off the Coast of Northern California (USA)
- 04 Apr 2010 22:40| 7.2 |10km / 6.2mi|10 years ago|987km / 614mi| 12km SW of Delta, B.C., MX (Mexico)
- 15 Jun 2005 02:50| 7.2 |16km / 9.9mi|15 years ago|391km / 243mi| Off the Coast of Northern California (USA)
- 25 Apr 1992 18:06| 7.2 |9.9km / 6.2mi|28 years ago|214km / 133mi| 20km SSW of Rio Dell, California (USA)
- 08 Nov 1980 10:27| 7.2 |19km / 11.8mi|40 years ago|289km / 180mi| Offshore Northern California (USA)
- 06 Jul 2019 03:19| 7.1 |8km / 5mi|1 year 12 weeks ago|565km / 351mi| 18km W of Searles Valley, CA (USA)
Hint: Click on Date/Time to show latest first