Light mag. 4.3 earthquake - Northwest Of Ryukyu Islands, Japan on Wednesday, 16 September 2020
16 Sep 01:06 UTC: First to report: EMSC after 8 minutes.
Data for the same earthquake reported by different agencies
Info: The more agencies report about the same quake and post similar data, the more confidence you can have in the data. It takes normally up to a few hours until earthquake parameters are calculated with near-optimum precision.
|Time||Mag. / Depth||Location||Source|
|Wed, 16 Sep 00:58 UTC||M 4.3 / 10 km||Northwest Of Ryukyu Islands, Japan||EMSC|
User reports for this quake
User reports estimate the perceived ground shaking intensity according to the MMI (modified Mercalli) scale.
Significant earlier earthquakes in the same area since 1900Light mag. 4.3 earthquake - Northwest Of Ryukyu Islands, Japan on Wednesday, 16 September 2020
- 20 Dec 1946 19:19| 8.3 |15km / 9.3mi|74 years ago|691km / 429mi| 1946 Nankai Earthquake, Japan
- 07 Dec 1944 04:35| 8.1 |15km / 9.3mi|76 years ago|735km / 457mi| Near the South Coast of Western Honshu, Japan
- 12 Apr 1910 00:22| 8.1 |235km / 146mi|111 years ago|780km / 484mi| Northeast of Taiwan (Japan)
- 18 Nov 1941 16:46| 7.9 |35km / 22mi|79 years ago|305km / 189mi| Kyushu, Japan
- 15 Jun 1911 14:25| 7.9 |100km / 62mi|109 years ago|273km / 169mi| Northwest of the Ryukyu Islands, Japan
- 10 Jun 1938 09:53| 7.7 |20km / 12.4mi|82 years ago|787km / 489mi| Southwestern Ryukyu Islands, Japan
- 01 Apr 1968 00:42| 7.5 |34km / 21mi|53 years ago|344km / 214mi| Shikoku, Japan
- 26 Feb 1961 18:10| 7.5 |35km / 22mi|60 years ago|255km / 158mi| Kyushu, Japan
- 16 Jun 1938 02:15| 7.5 |20km / 12.4mi|82 years ago|433km / 269mi| Ryukyu Islands, Japan
- 02 Nov 1931 10:03| 7.5 |35km / 22mi|89 years ago|307km / 191mi| Southeast of Shikoku, Japan
Hint: Click on Date/Time to show latest first