Light mag. 3.7 earthquake - 30 km southeast of Puerto Vallarta, 5 de Diciembre, Jalisco, Mexico, on 2020-11-20 16:35:29 (Hora de México) -
Quake Data | Interactive map | User Reports | Earlier quakes in same area | Quakes in Mexico| Jalisco | Nayarit | Mexico City
Light magnitude 3.7 earthquake at 32 km depth
21 Nov 02:07 UTC: First to report: SSN after 4 hours.
Date & time: 20 Nov 2020 22:35:29 UTC -
Local time at epicenter: 2020-11-20 16:35:29 (Hora de México)
Depth: 32.0 km
Epicenter latitude / longitude: 20.37°N / 105.12°W (San Francisco, Jalisco, Mexico)
Nearest volcano: Mascota (41 km / 25 mi)
Nearby towns and cities:
15 km (9 mi) NNW of Concepcion del Bramador (La Concha) (pop: 298) --> See nearby quakes!
30 km (19 mi) SSE of Puerto Vallarta (pop: 203,300) --> See nearby quakes!
31 km (19 mi) W of Talpa de Allende (pop: 8,840) --> See nearby quakes!
39 km (24 mi) WSW of Mascota (pop: 8,800) --> See nearby quakes!
40 km (25 mi) SSE of Ixtapa (pop: 29,000) --> See nearby quakes!
44 km (27 mi) SSE of Mezcales (Nayarit) (pop: 20,100) --> See nearby quakes!
45 km (28 mi) SSE of San José del Valle (pop: 22,500) --> See nearby quakes!
65 km (40 mi) W of El Salto (pop: 22,600) --> See nearby quakes!
183 km (114 mi) W of Guadalajara (pop: 1,495,200) --> See nearby quakes!
635 km (395 mi) W of Mexico City (pop: 12,294,200) --> See nearby quakes!
Primary data source: SSN (Servicio Sismológico Nacional)
Estimated released energy: 2.2 x 1010 joules (6.22 megawatt hours, equivalent to 5.35 tons of TNT) More info
Data for the same earthquake reported by different agencies
Info: The more agencies report about the same quake and post similar data, the more confidence you can have in the data. It takes normally up to a few hours until earthquake parameters are calculated with near-optimum precision.
|3.7||32 km||29 Km Al SURESTE De PUERTO VALLARTA, JAL, Mexico||SSN|
User reports for this quake
User reports estimate the perceived ground shaking intensity according to the MMI (Modified Mercalli Intensity) scale.
be the first to report it!There are no user reports for this quake yet. If you felt it
Earlier earthquakes in the same area since 1900
- 03 Jun 1932 10:36| 8.1 |15km / 9.3mi|89 years ago|154km / 96mi| Ocampo, 1 km NW of Jiquilpan, San Gabriel, Jalisco, Mexico
- 09 Oct 1995 15:35| 8.0 |33km / 21mi|26 years ago|175km / 109mi| La Ladrillera, 16 km SE of Manzanillo, Colima, Mexico
- 18 Jun 1932 10:12| 7.8 |15km / 9.3mi|89 years ago|165km / 103mi| Arandas, Jalisco, 25 km NW of Ciudad de Villa de Alvarez, Colima, Mexico
- 22 Jun 1932 12:59| 7.7 |25km / 16mi|89 years ago|145km / 90mi| Telcrucito, Jalisco, 31 km NE of Manzanillo, Colima, Mexico
- 22 Jan 2003 02:06| 7.6 |24km / 15mi|18 years ago|207km / 129mi| North Pacific Ocean, 29 km SW of Tecoman, Colima, Mexico
- 30 Nov 1934 02:05| 7.1 |15km / 9.3mi|86 years ago|209km / 130mi| North Pacific Ocean, 120 km SW of Manzanillo, Colima, Mexico
- 11 May 1926 11:20| 6.2 |15km / 9.3mi|95 years ago|144km / 89mi| North Pacific Ocean, 144 km SW of Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico
- 18 Oct 1973 10:49| 6.0 |45km / 28mi|48 years ago|111km / 69mi| Emiliano Zapata, Jalisco, 73 km NW of Manzanillo, Colima, Mexico
- 30 Dec 2019 04:01| 4.7 |10km / 6.2mi|1 year 18 weeks ago|65km / 40mi| El Aserradero del Reparo, 7.2 km N of Platanitos (La Limonosa), Mexico
- 02 Feb 2020 07:37| 4.2 |17km / 10.6mi|1 year 13 weeks ago|25km / 16mi| Mismaloya, 13 km SW of Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico
Hint: Click on Date/Time to show latest first