Weak mag. 2.4 earthquake - 2.7 mi east of Three Rivers, Deschutes County, Oregon, USA, on Wednesday, 25 November 2020 at 00:03 (GMT) -
Quake Data | Interactive map | User Reports | Earlier quakes in same area | Quakes in the US| Oregon
Weak magnitude 2.4 earthquake at 2 km depth
25 Nov 03:18 UTC: First to report: USGS after 3 hours.
Date & time: 25 Nov 2020 00:03:58 UTC -
Depth: 1.6 km
Epicenter latitude / longitude: 43.80867°N / 121.41767°W (Deschutes County, Oregon, United States)
Nearest volcano: Newberry (18 km / 11 mi)
Nearby towns and cities:
4 km (3 mi) ESE of Three Rivers (pop: 3,010) --> See nearby quakes!
17 km (10 mi) NNE of La Pine (pop: 1,780) --> See nearby quakes!
29 km (18 mi) SSW of Bend (pop: 87,000) --> See nearby quakes!
55 km (34 mi) SSW of Redmond (pop: 28,700) --> See nearby quakes!
131 km (82 mi) E of Springfield (pop: 60,900) --> See nearby quakes!
136 km (85 mi) E of Eugene (pop: 163,500) --> See nearby quakes!
180 km (112 mi) SE of Salem (pop: 164,500) --> See nearby quakes!
204 km (127 mi) SSE of Gresham (pop: 110,600) --> See nearby quakes!
215 km (134 mi) SSE of Portland (pop: 632,300) --> See nearby quakes!
217 km (135 mi) SSE of Beaverton (pop: 96,600) --> See nearby quakes!
Primary data source: USGS (United States Geological Survey)
Estimated released energy: 2.5 x 108 joules (69.8 kilowatt hours) More info
Data for the same earthquake reported by different agencies
Info: The more agencies report about the same quake and post similar data, the more confidence you can have in the data. It takes normally up to a few hours until earthquake parameters are calculated with near-optimum precision.
|M 2.4||1.6 km||4 Km ESE of Three Rivers, Oregon, USA||USGS|
User reports for this quake
User reports estimate the perceived ground shaking intensity according to the MMI (Modified Mercalli Intensity) scale.At magnitude 2.4, this quake might have been felt very close to the epicenter and under calm conditions.
be the first to report it!There are no user reports for this quake yet. If you felt it
Earlier earthquakes in the same area since 1900
- 21 Sep 1993 05:45| 6.0 |8.5km / 5.3mi|27 years ago|170km / 105mi| 17 mi NW of Klamath Falls, Klamath County, Oregon, USA
- 21 Sep 1993 03:28| 5.9 |8.6km / 5.3mi|27 years ago|173km / 108mi| 14 mi NW of Klamath Falls, Klamath County, Oregon, USA
- 25 Mar 1993 13:34| 5.6 |19.6km / 12.2mi|28 years ago|166km / 103mi| Clackamas County, 22 mi E of Salem, Marion County, Oregon, USA
- 06 Nov 1962 03:36| 5.2 |16km / 9.9mi|58 years ago|224km / 139mi| 2.1 mi SW of Orchards, Clark County, Washington State, USA
- 04 Dec 1993 22:15| 5.1 |4.8km / 3mi|27 years ago|175km / 109mi| 12 mi W of Klamath Falls, Klamath County, Oregon, USA
- 30 May 1968 00:36| 5.1 |24km / 15mi|53 years ago|213km / 132mi| 9.4 mi SE of Plush, Lake County, Oregon, USA
- 03 Jun 1968 13:27| 5.0 |20km / 12.4mi|53 years ago|222km / 138mi| 16 mi S of Plush, Lake County, Oregon, USA
- 16 Dec 1953 04:32| 5.0 |unknown|67 years ago|214km / 133mi| 2 mi SW of Portland, Multnomah County, Oregon, USA
- 11 Jan 1923 04:29| 5.0 |unknown|98 years ago|201km / 125mi| 2.5 mi E of Lakeview, Lake County, Oregon, USA
- 02 Jun 1959 18:49| 4.7 |unknown|62 years ago|139km / 86mi| Harney County, 84 mi E of Bend, Deschutes County, Oregon, USA
Hint: Click on Date/Time to show latest first