Light mag. 4.4 earthquake - 8 km southwest of Taloqan, Tāluqān, Takhar, Afghanistan, on Saturday, 6 March 2021 at 13:01 (GMT) -
Quake Data | Interactive map | User Reports | Earlier quakes in same area | Quakes in Afghanistan | Quakes in Tajikistan | Quakes in Pakistan| Takhar | Kunduz | Baghlan | Balkh | Dushanbe | Kabul | Islamabad
Light magnitude 4.4 earthquake at 43 km depth
6 Mar 15:34 UTC: First to report: USGS after 2 hours and 33 minutes.
Date & time: 6 Mar 2021 13:01:03 UTC -
Depth: 42.7 km
Epicenter latitude / longitude: 36.6762°N / 69.4849°E (Tāluqān, Takhar, Afghanistan)
Nearby towns and cities:
8 km (5 mi) SSW of Taloqan (pop: 64,300) --> See nearby quakes!
33 km (21 mi) E of Khanabad (Kunduz) (pop: 71,500) --> See nearby quakes!
35 km (22 mi) WNW of Farkhār (Farkhar) (pop: 10,500) --> See nearby quakes!
46 km (28 mi) S of Ārt Khwājah (Khwaja Ghar) (pop: 18,600) --> See nearby quakes!
59 km (36 mi) SSW of Rustāq (Rustaq) (pop: 25,600) --> See nearby quakes!
92 km (57 mi) NE of Baghlan (pop: 108,400) --> See nearby quakes!
212 km (132 mi) E of Mazari Sharif (Balkh) (pop: 303,300) --> See nearby quakes!
216 km (134 mi) SSE of Dushanbe (Tajikistan) (pop: 679,400) --> See nearby quakes!
241 km (149 mi) N of Kabul (pop: 3,043,500) --> See nearby quakes!
461 km (286 mi) NW of Islamabad (Pakistan) (pop: 601,600) --> See nearby quakes!
Primary data source: USGS (United States Geological Survey)
Estimated released energy: 2.5 x 1011 joules (69.8 megawatt hours, equivalent to 60 tons of TNT) More info
Data for the same earthquake reported by different agencies
Info: The more agencies report about the same quake and post similar data, the more confidence you can have in the data. It takes normally up to a few hours until earthquake parameters are calculated with near-optimum precision.
|4.4||43 km||7 Km SSW of Taloqan, Afghanistan||USGS|
User reports for this quake
User reports estimate the perceived ground shaking intensity according to the MMI (Modified Mercalli Intensity) scale.
be the first to report it!There are no user reports for this quake yet. If you felt it
Earlier earthquakes in the same area since 1900
- 15 Nov 1921 20:36| 7.8 |240km / 149mi|99 years ago|122km / 76mi| Kuran Wa Munjan, 102 km S of Fayzabad, Faīẕābād, Badakhshan, Afghanistan
- 07 Jul 1909 21:37| 7.7 |200km / 124mi|112 years ago|159km / 99mi| Mandōl, Nuristan, 67 km E of Bāzārak, Panjshir, Afghanistan
- 26 Oct 2015 09:09| 7.5 |212km / 132mi|5 years ago|127km / 79mi| Yamgān, 52 km S of Jurm, Badakhshan, Afghanistan
- 04 Mar 1949 10:19| 7.5 |229km / 142mi|72 years ago|109km / 68mi| Yamgān, 36 km S of Jurm, Badakhshan, Afghanistan
- 03 Mar 2002 12:08| 7.4 |226km / 140mi|19 years ago|91km / 57mi| Tagāb, 69 km S of Fayzabad, Faīẕābād, Badakhshan, Afghanistan
- 29 Jul 1985 07:54| 7.4 |99km / 61mi|36 years ago|137km / 85mi| Kuran Wa Munjan, 107 km S of Fayzabad, Faīẕābād, Badakhshan, Afghanistan
- 30 Dec 1983 23:52| 7.4 |215km / 133mi|37 years ago|117km / 73mi| Yamgān, 84 km S of Fayzabad, Faīẕābād, Badakhshan, Afghanistan
- 14 Mar 1965 15:53| 7.4 |208km / 129mi|56 years ago|115km / 71mi| Yamgān, 52 km S of Jurm, Badakhshan, Afghanistan
- 09 Jun 1956 23:13| 7.3 |25km / 16mi|65 years ago|239km / 149mi| Sayghān, 42 km NW of Bāmyān, Bamyan, Afghanistan
- 09 Aug 1993 12:42| 7.0 |215km / 133mi|28 years ago|128km / 80mi| Yamgān, 86 km S of Fayzabad, Faīẕābād, Badakhshan, Afghanistan
Hint: Click on Date/Time to show latest first