Weak mag. 3.7 earthquake - Ayutla, 16 km northwest of Autlan de Navarro, Jalisco, Mexico, on 2021-04-06 11:59:29 (Hora de México) -
Quake Data | Interactive map | User Reports | Earlier quakes in same area | Quakes in Mexico| Jalisco | Mexico City
Weak magnitude 3.7 earthquake at 47 km depth
7 Apr 01:07 UTC: First to report: SSN after 8 hours.
Date & time: 6 Apr 2021 16:59:29 UTC -
Local time at epicenter: 2021-04-06 11:59:29 (Hora de México)
Depth: 47.0 km
Epicenter latitude / longitude: 19.89°N / 104.45°W (Ayutla, Jalisco, Mexico)
Nearest volcano: Mascota (90 km / 56 mi)
Nearby towns and cities:
4 km (2 mi) E of San Juan Cacoma (pop: 97) --> See nearby quakes!
16 km (10 mi) NNW of Autlan de Navarro (pop: 45,400) --> See nearby quakes!
20 km (13 mi) WSW of Union de Tula (pop: 9,040) --> See nearby quakes!
26 km (16 mi) WNW of El Grullo (pop: 20,900) --> See nearby quakes!
29 km (18 mi) SSW of Ayutla (pop: 7,240) --> See nearby quakes!
32 km (20 mi) N of La Resolana (pop: 11,200) --> See nearby quakes!
49 km (30 mi) WNW of San Gabriel (pop: 14,900) --> See nearby quakes!
50 km (31 mi) S of El Salto (pop: 22,600) --> See nearby quakes!
140 km (87 mi) SW of Guadalajara (pop: 1,495,200) --> See nearby quakes!
560 km (348 mi) W of Mexico City (pop: 12,294,200) --> See nearby quakes!
Primary data source: SSN (Servicio Sismológico Nacional)
Estimated released energy: 2.2 x 1010 joules (6.22 megawatt hours, equivalent to 5.35 tons of TNT) More info
Data for the same earthquake reported by different agencies
Info: The more agencies report about the same quake and post similar data, the more confidence you can have in the data. It takes normally up to a few hours until earthquake parameters are calculated with near-optimum precision.
|3.7||47 km||15 Km Al NOROESTE De AUTLAN DE NAVARRO, JAL, Mexico||SSN|
User reports for this quake
User reports estimate the perceived ground shaking intensity according to the MMI (Modified Mercalli Intensity) scale.There are no user reports for this quake yet. If you felt it be the first to report it!
Earlier earthquakes in the same area since 1900
- 03 Jun 1932 10:36| 8.1 |15km / 9.3mi|89 years ago|71km / 44mi| Ocampo, 1 km NW of Jiquilpan, San Gabriel, Jalisco, Mexico
- 09 Oct 1995 15:35| 8.0 |33km / 21mi|26 years ago|96km / 60mi| La Ladrillera, 16 km SE of Manzanillo, Colima, Mexico
- 18 Jun 1932 10:12| 7.8 |15km / 9.3mi|89 years ago|77km / 48mi| Arandas, Jalisco, 25 km NW of Ciudad de Villa de Alvarez, Colima, Mexico
- 22 Jun 1932 12:59| 7.7 |25km / 16mi|89 years ago|62km / 39mi| Telcrucito, Jalisco, 31 km NE of Manzanillo, Colima, Mexico
- 22 Jan 2003 02:06| 7.6 |24km / 15mi|18 years ago|130km / 81mi| North Pacific Ocean, 29 km SW of Tecoman, Colima, Mexico
- 15 Apr 1941 19:09| 7.6 |30km / 19mi|80 years ago|203km / 126mi| 3.8 km W of Varaloso, Coalcoman de Vazquez Pallares, Michoacan, Mexico
- 30 Jan 1973 21:01| 7.5 |43km / 27mi|48 years ago|219km / 136mi| La Bufa, 95 km SW of Apatzingan, Michoacan, Mexico
- 30 Nov 1934 02:05| 7.1 |15km / 9.3mi|87 years ago|177km / 110mi| North Pacific Ocean, 120 km SW of Manzanillo, Colima, Mexico
- 30 Apr 1986 07:07| 7.0 |27km / 16mi|35 years ago|227km / 141mi| Coalcoman de Vazquez Pallares, 93 km NW of Melchor Ocampo del Balsas, Mexico
- 25 Jul 1932 09:12| 6.8 |20km / 12.4mi|89 years ago|131km / 81mi| North Pacific Ocean, 13 km SW of Tecoman, Colima, Mexico
Hint: Click on Date/Time to show latest first