Weak mag. 2.5 earthquake - 48 km northeast of Termez, Surxondaryo Viloyati, Uzbekistan, on Saturday, 10 April 2021 at 13:33 (GMT) -
Quake Data | Interactive map | User Reports | Earlier quakes in same area | Quakes in Tajikistan| Surxondaryo Viloyati | Viloyati Khatlon | Dushanbe | Qashqadaryo | Toshkent Shahri
Weak magnitude 2.5 earthquake at 10 km depth
10 Apr 14:36 UTC: First to report: KNDC after 1 hour and 2 minutes.
Date & time: 10 Apr 2021 13:33:44 UTC -
Depth: 10.0 km
Epicenter latitude / longitude: 37.61°N / 67.53°E (Surxondaryo Viloyati, Uzbekistan)
Nearby towns and cities:
48 km (30 mi) NNE of Termez (Surxondaryo) (pop: 140,400) --> See nearby quakes!
49 km (30 mi) SSW of Sho‘rchi (Shurchi, Surxondaryo) (pop: 24,900) --> See nearby quakes!
66 km (41 mi) NW of Shahritus (Khatlon, Tajikistan) (pop: 13,000) --> See nearby quakes!
72 km (45 mi) SSE of Boysun (Surxondaryo) (pop: 25,100) --> See nearby quakes!
80 km (50 mi) SSW of Denov (Surxondaryo) (pop: 69,000) --> See nearby quakes!
93 km (58 mi) W of Moskovskiy (Rumi, Khatlon, Tajikistan) (pop: 22,100) --> See nearby quakes!
100 km (62 mi) W of Kolkhozobod (Rumi, Khatlon, Tajikistan) (pop: 18,500) --> See nearby quakes!
150 km (93 mi) SW of Dushanbe (Tajikistan) (pop: 679,400) --> See nearby quakes!
206 km (128 mi) SE of Qarshi (Qashqadaryo) (pop: 222,900) --> See nearby quakes!
432 km (268 mi) SSW of Tashkent (Toshkent Shahri) (pop: 1,978,000) --> See nearby quakes!
Primary data source: KNDC (Kazakhstan National Data Center)
Estimated released energy: 3.5 x 108 joules (98.6 kilowatt hours) More info
Data for the same earthquake reported by different agencies
Info: The more agencies report about the same quake and post similar data, the more confidence you can have in the data. It takes normally up to a few hours until earthquake parameters are calculated with near-optimum precision.
|2.5||10 km||AFGHANISTAN-TAJIKISTAN BORDER REGION, Uzbekistan||KNDC|
User reports for this quakeAt magnitude 2.5, this quake might have been felt very close to the epicenter and under calm conditions.
User reports estimate the perceived ground shaking intensity according to the MMI (Modified Mercalli Intensity) scale.There are no user reports for this quake yet. If you felt it be the first to report it!
Earlier earthquakes in the same area since 1900
- 24 Oct 1906 14:43| 7.0 |35km / 22mi|115 years ago|102km / 63mi| Nahri Shahi, 12 km E of Balkh, Afghanistan
- 01 Jan 1911 10:18| 6.7 |35km / 22mi|110 years ago|90km / 56mi| Shōr Tepah, 70 km NW of Balkh, Afghanistan
- 30 May 1998 06:22| 6.6 |33km / 21mi|23 years ago|235km / 146mi| Shahr-e Buzurg, Badakhshan, 25 km E of Rustāq, Rustaq, Takhar, Afghanistan
- 16 Dec 1982 00:40| 6.6 |36km / 22mi|38 years ago|209km / 130mi| Nahrīn, 27 km E of Baghlan, Baghlān-e Jadīd, Baghlan, Afghanistan
- 24 Jun 1972 15:29| 6.3 |24km / 15mi|49 years ago|242km / 150mi| Guz̄argāh-e Nūr, 89 km E of Baghlan, Baghlān-e Jadīd, Baghlan, Afghanistan
- 12 Sep 1962 20:57| 6.3 |35km / 22mi|59 years ago|193km / 120mi| Būrkah, 33 km NE of Baghlan, Baghlān-e Jadīd, Baghlan, Afghanistan
- 11 Jan 1943 19:50| 6.3 |35km / 22mi|78 years ago|77km / 48mi| 11 km SE of Denov, Surxondaryo Viloyati, Uzbekistan
- 22 Nov 2014 13:45| 6.2 |10km / 6.2mi|6 years ago|143km / 89mi| Chimtāl, 33 km SW of Balkh, Afghanistan
- 05 Jul 1935 17:53| 6.2 |15km / 9.3mi|86 years ago|56km / 35mi| 19 km SE of Boysun, Surxondaryo Viloyati, Uzbekistan
- 25 Mar 2002 14:56| 6.1 |8km / 5mi|19 years ago|234km / 146mi| Khwājah Hijrān, 16 km E of Nahrin, Nahrain, Baghlan, Afghanistan
Hint: Click on Date/Time to show latest first