Weak mag. 2.1 earthquake - 15 km north of Wao, Philippines, on 11 April 2021 - 03:33 AM (PST) -
Quake Data | Interactive map | User Reports | Earlier quakes in same area | Quakes in Philippines| Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao | Northern Mindanao | Soccsksargen | National Capital Region
Weak magnitude 2.1 earthquake at 1 km depth
10 Apr 19:50 UTC: First to report: PHIVOLCS after 17 minutes.
Date & time: 10 Apr 2021 19:33:00 UTC -
Local time at epicenter: 11 April 2021 - 03:33 AM (PST)
Depth: 1.0 km
Epicenter latitude / longitude: 7.81°N / 124.62°E (Province of Lanao del Sur, Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao, Philippines)
Nearest volcano: Ragang (18 km / 11 mi)
Nearby towns and cities:
13 km (8 mi) W of Bangahan (Bukidnon, Northern Mindanao) (pop: 2,730) --> See nearby quakes!
15 km (9 mi) NNW of Wao (pop: 17,800) --> See nearby quakes!
16 km (10 mi) WNW of Kalilangan (Northern Mindanao) (pop: 14,500) --> See nearby quakes!
43 km (27 mi) W of Maramag (Bukidnon, Northern Mindanao) (pop: 33,800) --> See nearby quakes!
43 km (27 mi) ESE of Marawi City (pop: 143,600) --> See nearby quakes!
53 km (33 mi) WSW of Valencia (Northern Mindanao) (pop: 83,600) --> See nearby quakes!
55 km (34 mi) SSE of Iligan City (Soccsksargen) (pop: 312,300) --> See nearby quakes!
70 km (44 mi) NNE of Budta (pop: 1,273,700) --> See nearby quakes!
77 km (48 mi) NNE of Cotabato City (pop: 179,400) --> See nearby quakes!
853 km (530 mi) SSE of Manila (National Capital Region) (pop: 1,600,000) --> See nearby quakes!
Primary data source: PHIVOLCS (Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology)
Estimated released energy: 8.9 x 107 joules (24.8 kilowatt hours) More info
Data for the same earthquake reported by different agencies
Info: The more agencies report about the same quake and post similar data, the more confidence you can have in the data. It takes normally up to a few hours until earthquake parameters are calculated with near-optimum precision.
|2.1||1 km||016 Km N 60° W of Kalilangan (Bukidnon), Philippines||PHIVOLCS|
User reports for this quake
User reports estimate the perceived ground shaking intensity according to the MMI (Modified Mercalli Intensity) scale.At magnitude 2.1, such a quake wouldn't normally be felt by people except under very favorable conditions.
be the first to report it!There are no user reports for this quake yet. If you felt it
Earlier earthquakes in the same area since 1900
- 15 Aug 1918 12:18| 8.3 |20km / 12.4mi|103 years ago|207km / 128mi| Mindanao Sea, 16 km SW of Maitum, Philippines
- 14 Apr 1924 16:20| 8.0 |15km / 9.3mi|97 years ago|198km / 123mi| Philippines Sea, 5.9 km W of La Union, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- 16 Aug 1976 16:11| 7.9 |33km / 21mi|45 years ago|184km / 115mi| Mindanao Sea, 95 km W of Koronadal City, Philippines
- 23 Jul 2010 22:51| 7.6 |578km / 359mi|11 years ago|193km / 120mi| Mindanao Sea, 63 km W of Kalamansig, Sultan Kudarat, Soccsksargen, Philippines
- 15 Dec 1989 18:43| 7.6 |24km / 15mi|31 years ago|240km / 149mi| Philippines Sea, 47 km E of Bislig, Philippines
- 23 Jul 2010 23:15| 7.5 |641km / 398mi|11 years ago|189km / 118mi| Mindanao Sea, 75 km SE of Olutanga, Philippines
- 05 Mar 2002 21:16| 7.5 |31km / 19mi|19 years ago|202km / 125mi| Mindanao Sea, 84 km SW of Koronadal City, Philippines
- 01 Jan 2001 06:57| 7.5 |33km / 21mi|20 years ago|239km / 148mi| Philippines Sea, 41 km E of Mati, Davao Oriental, Philippines
- 31 Mar 1955 18:17| 7.4 |35km / 22mi|66 years ago|162km / 101mi| 4.7 km NW of Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur, Zamboanga Peninsula, Philippines
- 19 Dec 1928 11:37| 7.4 |25km / 16mi|92 years ago|127km / 79mi| 4.1 km NE of Basak, Sultan Kudarat, Soccsksargen, Philippines
Hint: Click on Date/Time to show latest first