Minor mag. 3.2 earthquake - Caribbean Sea, 3.3 km southeast of San Pedro de Macoris, Dominican Republic, on Saturday, 10 April 2021 at 23:22 (GMT) -
Quake Data | Interactive map | User Reports | Earlier quakes in same area | Quakes in Dominican Republic| Provincia de San Pedro de Macoris | Provincia de Santo Domingo | Nacional | Provincia de San Cristobal | Provincia de Santiago
Minor magnitude 3.2 earthquake at 85 km depth
10 Apr 23:52 UTC: First to report: EMSC after 30 minutes.
Date & time: 10 Apr 2021 23:22:30 UTC -
Depth: 85.0 km
Epicenter latitude / longitude: 18.43°N / 69.29°W (Caribbean Sea, Dominican Republic)
Nearby towns and cities:
3 km (2 mi) SE of San Pedro de Macoris (pop: 217,900) --> See nearby quakes!
19 km (12 mi) SE of Quisqueya (pop: 17,700) --> See nearby quakes!
33 km (20 mi) E of Boca Chica (pop: 46,300) --> See nearby quakes!
63 km (39 mi) E of Villa Francisca (pop: 50,200) --> See nearby quakes!
64 km (40 mi) E of Santo Domingo (pop: 2,201,900) --> See nearby quakes!
69 km (43 mi) E of Bella Vista (pop: 175,700) --> See nearby quakes!
75 km (47 mi) E of Santo Domingo Oeste (pop: 701,300) --> See nearby quakes!
78 km (49 mi) E of Bajos de Haina (pop: 66,800) --> See nearby quakes!
85 km (53 mi) E of San Cristobal (pop: 154,000) --> See nearby quakes!
187 km (116 mi) SE of Santiago de los Caballeros (pop: 1,200,000) --> See nearby quakes!
Primary data source: EMSC (European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre)
Estimated released energy: 4 x 109 joules (1.11 megawatt hours, equivalent to 0.951 tons of TNT) More info
Data for the same earthquake reported by different agencies
Info: The more agencies report about the same quake and post similar data, the more confidence you can have in the data. It takes normally up to a few hours until earthquake parameters are calculated with near-optimum precision.
|3.2||85 km||DOMINICAN REPUBLIC REGION||EMSC|
User reports for this quake
User reports estimate the perceived ground shaking intensity according to the MMI (Modified Mercalli Intensity) scale.There are no user reports for this quake yet. If you felt it be the first to report it!
Earlier earthquakes in the same area since 1900
- 29 Jul 1943 03:02| 7.7 |15km / 9.3mi|78 years ago|234km / 145mi| North Atlantic Ocean, 46 km N of Isabela, Puerto Rico
- 04 Aug 1946 17:51| 7.5 |15km / 9.3mi|75 years ago|73km / 45mi| North Atlantic Ocean, 15 km E of Sabana de la Mar, Dominican Republic
- 11 Oct 1918 14:14| 7.1 |15km / 9.3mi|103 years ago|222km / 138mi| North Atlantic Ocean, 42 km N of Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
- 08 Aug 1946 13:28| 7.0 |15km / 9.3mi|75 years ago|129km / 80mi| North Atlantic Ocean, 26 km NE of Nagua, Dominican Republic
- 24 Jun 1984 11:17| 6.9 |24km / 15mi|37 years ago|50km / 31mi| Caribbean Sea, 80 km SE of Santo Domingo, Nacional, Dominican Republic
- 21 Apr 1948 20:22| 6.9 |15km / 9.3mi|73 years ago|98km / 61mi| Las Terrenas, 2.7 km N of Sanchez, Samana, Dominican Republic
- 11 Jun 1971 12:56| 6.5 |35km / 22mi|50 years ago|81km / 50mi| Caribbean Sea, 63 km S of Santo Domingo, Nacional, Dominican Republic
- 08 Jan 1962 01:00| 6.5 |36km / 22mi|59 years ago|121km / 75mi| 10.2 km W of Bani, Provincia de Peravia, Dominican Republic
- 23 Mar 1979 19:32| 6.1 |80km / 50mi|42 years ago|56km / 35mi| Caribbean Sea, 50 km S of La Romana, Dominican Republic
- 04 Feb 2019 14:33| 5.1 |66km / 41mi|2 years ago|90km / 56mi| Caribbean Sea, 58 km S of Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Hint: Click on Date/Time to show latest first