Weak mag. 3.1 earthquake - Sanchez, Samana, 21 km northeast of Sabana Grande de Boya, Dominican Republic, on Sunday, 11 April 2021 at 03:24 (GMT) -
Quake Data | Interactive map | User Reports | Earlier quakes in same area | Quakes in Dominican Republic| Samana | Provincia de Monte Plata | Provincia de Hato Mayor | Nacional | Provincia de Santo Domingo | Provincia de Santiago
Weak magnitude 3.1 earthquake at 23 km depth
11 Apr 05:07 UTC: First to report: EMSC after 1 hour and 43 minutes.
Date & time: 11 Apr 2021 03:24:30 UTC -
Depth: 23.0 km
Epicenter latitude / longitude: 19.06°N / 69.63°W (Sanchez, Samana, Dominican Republic)
Nearby towns and cities:
19 km (12 mi) S of Sanchez (Samaná) (pop: 11,400) --> See nearby quakes!
21 km (13 mi) NE of Sabana Grande de Boya (Monte Plata) (pop: 16,800) --> See nearby quakes!
25 km (16 mi) W of Sabana de la Mar (Hato Mayor) (pop: 14,000) --> See nearby quakes!
29 km (18 mi) SSW of Terrenas (Samaná) (pop: 7,710) --> See nearby quakes!
34 km (21 mi) N of Bayaguana (Monte Plata) (pop: 21,100) --> See nearby quakes!
35 km (22 mi) WSW of Santa Barbara de Samana (Samana, Samaná) (pop: 11,400) --> See nearby quakes!
71 km (44 mi) NNE of Santo Domingo (Nacional) (pop: 2,201,900) --> See nearby quakes!
73 km (46 mi) NNE of Santo Domingo Oeste (pop: 701,300) --> See nearby quakes!
75 km (47 mi) NNE of Bella Vista (Nacional) (pop: 175,700) --> See nearby quakes!
120 km (75 mi) ESE of Santiago de los Caballeros (pop: 1,200,000) --> See nearby quakes!
Primary data source: EMSC (European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre)
Estimated released energy: 2.8 x 109 joules (783 kilowatt hours, equivalent to 0.674 tons of TNT) More info
Data for the same earthquake reported by different agencies
Info: The more agencies report about the same quake and post similar data, the more confidence you can have in the data. It takes normally up to a few hours until earthquake parameters are calculated with near-optimum precision.
|3.1||23 km||DOMINICAN REPUBLIC||EMSC|
User reports for this quake
User reports estimate the perceived ground shaking intensity according to the MMI (Modified Mercalli Intensity) scale.
be the first to report it!There are no user reports for this quake yet. If you felt it
Earlier earthquakes in the same area since 1900
- 04 Aug 1946 17:51| 7.5 |15km / 9.3mi|75 years ago|40km / 25mi| North Atlantic Ocean, 15 km E of Sabana de la Mar, Dominican Republic
- 08 Aug 1946 13:28| 7.0 |15km / 9.3mi|75 years ago|53km / 33mi| North Atlantic Ocean, 26 km NE of Nagua, Dominican Republic
- 24 Jun 1984 11:17| 6.9 |24km / 15mi|37 years ago|124km / 77mi| Caribbean Sea, 80 km SE of Santo Domingo, Nacional, Dominican Republic
- 21 Apr 1948 20:22| 6.9 |15km / 9.3mi|73 years ago|21km / 13mi| Las Terrenas, 2.7 km N of Sanchez, Samana, Dominican Republic
- 31 May 1953 19:58| 6.6 |16.7km / 10.4mi|68 years ago|92km / 57mi| 5.5 km NW of Salsipuedes, Dominican Republic
- 11 Jun 1971 12:56| 6.5 |35km / 22mi|50 years ago|130km / 81mi| Caribbean Sea, 63 km S of Santo Domingo, Nacional, Dominican Republic
- 08 Jan 1962 01:00| 6.5 |36km / 22mi|59 years ago|121km / 75mi| 10.2 km W of Bani, Provincia de Peravia, Dominican Republic
- 22 Sep 2003 04:45| 6.4 |10km / 6.2mi|18 years ago|135km / 84mi| 2.4 km SE of Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
- 23 Mar 1979 19:32| 6.1 |80km / 50mi|42 years ago|134km / 84mi| Caribbean Sea, 50 km S of La Romana, Dominican Republic
- 19 Sep 1972 01:36| 6.1 |15km / 9.3mi|49 years ago|80km / 50mi| Provincia de Hermanas Mirabal, 19 km N of San Francisco de Macoris, Dominican Republic
Hint: Click on Date/Time to show latest first