Weak mag. 2.3 earthquake - 54km WSW of Alberto Oviedo Mota, B.C., MX, Mexico, on Sunday, 11 April 2021 at 13:24 (GMT) -
Quake Data | Interactive map | User Reports | Earlier quakes in same area | Quakes in Mexico | Quakes in the US| Baja California | California
Weak magnitude 2.3 earthquake at 1 km depth
11 Apr 13:28 UTC: First to report: USGS after 4 minutes.
Date & time: 11 Apr 2021 13:24:08 UTC -
Depth: 0.8 km
Epicenter latitude / longitude: 32.0055°N / 115.6765°W (Mexico)
Nearest volcano: Salton Buttes (133 km / 83 mi)
Nearby towns and cities:
41 km (25 mi) NNE of Yokakiul (pop: 14) --> See nearby quakes!
48 km (30 mi) SW of Ejido Durango (pop: 1,590) --> See nearby quakes!
60 km (37 mi) SW of Delta (pop: 5,180) --> See nearby quakes!
62 km (39 mi) WSW of Guadalupe Victoria (pop: 17,100) --> See nearby quakes!
65 km (40 mi) S of Progreso (pop: 12,600) --> See nearby quakes!
67 km (42 mi) WSW of Estacion Coahuila (Estación Coahuila) (pop: 7,600) --> See nearby quakes!
69 km (43 mi) SSW of Puebla (pop: 15,200) --> See nearby quakes!
70 km (44 mi) S of Santa Isabel (pop: 29,300) --> See nearby quakes!
72 km (45 mi) SSW of Mexicali (pop: 689,800) --> See nearby quakes!
77 km (48 mi) SSW of Calexico (USA) (pop: 40,100) --> See nearby quakes!
Primary data source: USGS (United States Geological Survey)
Estimated released energy: 1.8 x 108 joules (49.4 kilowatt hours) More info
Data for the same earthquake reported by different agencies
Info: The more agencies report about the same quake and post similar data, the more confidence you can have in the data. It takes normally up to a few hours until earthquake parameters are calculated with near-optimum precision.
|2.3||0.8 km||54km WSW of Alberto Oviedo Mota, B.C., MX, Mexico||USGS|
|2.3||1 km||BAJA CALIFORNIA, MEXICO||EMSC|
User reports for this quakeAt magnitude 2.3, such a quake wouldn't normally be felt by people except under very favorable conditions.
User reports estimate the perceived ground shaking intensity according to the MMI (Modified Mercalli Intensity) scale.There are no user reports for this quake yet. If you felt it be the first to report it!
Earlier earthquakes in the same area since 1900
- 04 Apr 2010 22:40| 7.2 |10km / 6.2mi|11 years ago|48km / 30mi| Ejido Cucapah Indígena, 5.8 km NW of Durango, Mexico
- 21 Nov 1915 00:13| 7.0 |unknown|106 years ago|64km / 40mi| El Indiviso, Sonora, 3.1 km SW of Ejido Doctor Alberto Oviedo Mota (El Indiviso), Mexico
- 19 May 1940 04:36| 6.9 |6km / 3.7mi|81 years ago|97km / 60mi| California, 2.3 mi N of Holtville, Imperial County, USA
- 09 Feb 1956 14:32| 6.8 |6km / 3.7mi|65 years ago|56km / 35mi| Rancho El Alamar, 35 km E of Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico
- 24 Nov 1987 13:15| 6.6 |11.2km / 7mi|34 years ago|113km / 71mi| 23 mi NW of El Centro, Imperial County, California, USA
- 09 Apr 1968 02:28| 6.6 |10km / 6.2mi|53 years ago|137km / 85mi| San Diego County, 12 mi SW of Salton City, Imperial County, California, USA
- 21 Oct 1942 16:22| 6.6 |6km / 3.7mi|79 years ago|108km / 67mi| 15 mi W of Brawley, Imperial County, California, USA
- 07 Aug 1966 17:36| 6.5 |15km / 9.3mi|55 years ago|117km / 73mi| Gulf of California, 3 km SW of Playa el Machorro, Mexico
- 15 Oct 1979 23:16| 6.4 |15km / 9.3mi|42 years ago|79km / 49mi| 9.9 km NE of Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico
- 14 Feb 1956 18:33| 6.4 |6km / 3.7mi|65 years ago|111km / 69mi| San Pedro Mártir, 61 km W of San Felipe, Mexico
Hint: Click on Date/Time to show latest first