Minor mag. 2.0 earthquake - 5.8 km west of Leyte, Eastern Visayas, Philippines, on 11 April 2021 - 12:02 PM (PST) -
Quake Data | Interactive map | User Reports | Earlier quakes in same area | Quakes in Philippines| Eastern Visayas | National Capital Region
Minor magnitude 2.0 earthquake at 9 km depth
11 Apr 16:25 UTC: First to report: PHIVOLCS after 23 minutes.
Date & time: 11 Apr 2021 16:02:00 UTC -
Local time at epicenter: 11 April 2021 - 12:02 PM (PST)
Depth: 9.0 km
Epicenter latitude / longitude: 11.36°N / 124.43°E (Province of Leyte, Eastern Visayas, Philippines)
Nearest volcano: Biliran (21 km / 13 mi)
Nearby towns and cities:
6 km (4 mi) W of Leyte (pop: 7,220) --> See nearby quakes!
8 km (5 mi) NNE of Kampokpok (Leyte) (pop: 5,690) --> See nearby quakes!
10 km (6 mi) ESE of San Isidro (pop: 4,870) --> See nearby quakes!
16 km (10 mi) WNW of Pinamopoan (pop: 2,770) --> See nearby quakes!
23 km (14 mi) S of Naval (Biliran) (pop: 12,200) --> See nearby quakes!
24 km (15 mi) NW of Kananya (Leyte) (pop: 7,650) --> See nearby quakes!
28 km (17 mi) WNW of Carigara (Leyte) (pop: 17,500) --> See nearby quakes!
44 km (27 mi) NNW of Ormoc City (pop: 191,200) --> See nearby quakes!
64 km (40 mi) W of Tacloban City (pop: 242,100) --> See nearby quakes!
519 km (323 mi) SE of Manila (National Capital Region) (pop: 1,600,000) --> See nearby quakes!
Primary data source: PHIVOLCS (Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology)
Estimated released energy: 6.3 x 107 joules (17.5 kilowatt hours) More info
Data for the same earthquake reported by different agencies
Info: The more agencies report about the same quake and post similar data, the more confidence you can have in the data. It takes normally up to a few hours until earthquake parameters are calculated with near-optimum precision.
|2.0||9 km||006 Km S 84° W of Leyte (Leyte), Philippines||PHIVOLCS|
User reports for this quake
User reports estimate the perceived ground shaking intensity according to the MMI (Modified Mercalli Intensity) scale.At magnitude 2.0, such a quake wouldn't normally be felt by people except under very favorable conditions.
be the first to report it!There are no user reports for this quake yet. If you felt it
Earlier earthquakes in the same area since 1900
- 24 Jan 1948 17:46| 7.8 |15km / 9.3mi|73 years ago|241km / 150mi| 10.5 km W of Leon, Iloilo, Western Visayas, Philippines
- 24 Feb 1988 03:52| 7.3 |25km / 15mi|33 years ago|236km / 147mi| Philippines Sea, 88 km NE of Sorsogon, Bicol, Philippines
- 21 Apr 1995 00:34| 7.2 |21km / 13mi|26 years ago|147km / 92mi| Philippines Sea, 82 km NE of Catbalogan, Samar, Eastern Visayas, Philippines
- 31 Oct 1975 08:28| 7.2 |50km / 31mi|46 years ago|215km / 133mi| Philippines Sea, 147 km NE of Catbalogan, Samar, Eastern Visayas, Philippines
- 03 May 1943 01:59| 7.2 |15km / 9.3mi|78 years ago|183km / 114mi| Philippines Sea, 22 km NE of Gubat, Province of Sorsogon, Bicol, Philippines
- 13 Nov 1925 12:14| 7.2 |20km / 12.4mi|96 years ago|148km / 92mi| Philippines Sea, 22 km NE of Catarman, Philippines
- 15 Oct 2013 00:12| 7.1 |20km / 12.4mi|8 years ago|172km / 107mi| 10.9 km SE of Tibigan, Bohol, Central Visayas, Philippines
- 11 Jun 1996 18:22| 7.1 |33km / 21mi|25 years ago|160km / 100mi| Philippines Sea, 16 km E of Laoang, Northern Samar, Eastern Visayas, Philippines
- 05 May 1995 03:53| 7.1 |16km / 9.9mi|26 years ago|169km / 105mi| Philippines Sea, 31 km E of Laoang, Northern Samar, Eastern Visayas, Philippines
- 07 Jun 1947 18:47| 7.0 |15km / 9.3mi|74 years ago|32km / 20mi| 8.6 km E of Rizal, Leyte, Eastern Visayas, Philippines
Hint: Click on Date/Time to show latest first