Minor mag. 2.0 earthquake - Aegean Sea, 31 km north of Myrina, Lesbos, North Aegean, Greece, on Monday, 12 April 2021 at 03:30 (GMT) -
Quake Data | Interactive map | User Reports | Earlier quakes in same area | Quakes in Greece | Quakes in Turkey| North Aegean | East Macedonia and Thrace | Canakkale | Attica
Minor magnitude 2.0 earthquake at 13 km depth
12 Apr 03:37 UTC: First to report: KOERI-RETMC after 6 minutes.
Date & time: 12 Apr 2021 03:30:55 UTC -
Depth: 12.5 km
Epicenter latitude / longitude: 40.1522°N / 25.0228°E (Aegean Sea, Greece)
Nearby towns and cities:
29 km (18 mi) NW of Atsiki (pop: 886) --> See nearby quakes!
31 km (19 mi) N of Myrina (Mirina) (pop: 5,410) --> See nearby quakes!
97 km (60 mi) SSE of Chrysoupoli (Chrisoupoli) (pop: 8,890) --> See nearby quakes!
102 km (63 mi) SSE of Kavala (pop: 54,000) --> See nearby quakes!
106 km (66 mi) SW of Alexandroupoli (pop: 53,000) --> See nearby quakes!
110 km (68 mi) S of Xanthi (pop: 48,200) --> See nearby quakes!
112 km (70 mi) SSW of Komotini (pop: 45,600) --> See nearby quakes!
118 km (73 mi) W of Çanakkale (Turkey) (pop: 87,800) --> See nearby quakes!
134 km (83 mi) SE of Drama (pop: 44,800) --> See nearby quakes!
266 km (165 mi) NNE of Athens (pop: 664,000) --> See nearby quakes!
96 km (60 mi) E of Nisida Ammouliani Island (pop: 547) --> See nearby quakes!
Primary data source: KOERI-RETMC (Kandilli Oservatory and Earthquake Research Institute in Istanbul)
Estimated released energy: 6.3 x 107 joules (17.5 kilowatt hours) More info
Data for the same earthquake reported by different agencies
Info: The more agencies report about the same quake and post similar data, the more confidence you can have in the data. It takes normally up to a few hours until earthquake parameters are calculated with near-optimum precision.
|2.0||13 km||AEGEAN SEA, Greece||KOERI-RETMC|
User reports for this quakeAt magnitude 2.0, such a quake wouldn't normally be felt by people except under very favorable conditions.
User reports estimate the perceived ground shaking intensity according to the MMI (Modified Mercalli Intensity) scale.There are no user reports for this quake yet. If you felt it be the first to report it!
Earlier earthquakes in the same area since 1900
- 08 Nov 1905 22:06| 7.4 |15km / 9.3mi|116 years ago|146km / 91mi| Aegean Sea, 10.1 km E of Patitiri, Magnesia, Thessaly, Greece
- 18 Mar 1953 19:06| 7.3 |10km / 6.2mi|68 years ago|223km / 139mi| 7.8 km N of Gönen, Balıkesir, Turkey
- 19 Dec 1981 14:10| 7.2 |10km / 6.2mi|39 years ago|103km / 64mi| Aegean Sea, 125 km NW of Chios, North Aegean, Greece
- 19 Feb 1968 22:45| 7.2 |15km / 9.3mi|53 years ago|87km / 54mi| Aegean Sea, 57 km S of Myrina, Lesvos, North Aegean, Greece
- 18 Apr 1928 19:22| 7.1 |15km / 9.3mi|93 years ago|245km / 152mi| 2.2 km E of Brezovo, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- 14 Apr 1928 09:00| 7.1 |10km / 6.2mi|93 years ago|249km / 155mi| 13 km SE of Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
- 09 Aug 1912 01:29| 7.1 |15km / 9.3mi|109 years ago|178km / 111mi| 30 km S of Malkara, Tekirdağ, Turkey
- 26 Sep 1932 19:20| 6.9 |10km / 6.2mi|89 years ago|109km / 68mi| Aegean Sea, 18 km SW of Ierissos, Chalkidiki, Macedonia Centrale, Greece
- 06 Aug 1983 15:43| 6.8 |2.4km / 1.5mi|38 years ago|22km / 14mi| Aegean Sea, 46 km NW of Lemnos Island, Lesvos, North Aegean, Greece
- 18 Jan 1982 19:27| 6.8 |10km / 6.2mi|39 years ago|62km / 39mi| Aegean Sea, 104 km S of Kavala, Macedonia Orientale e Tracia, Greece
Hint: Click on Date/Time to show latest first