Light mag. 4.3 earthquake - Provincia de Castilla, 58 km northwest of El Pedregal, Peru, on 11 Apr 4:40 pm (GMT -5) -
Quake Data | Interactive map | User Reports | Earlier quakes in same area | Quakes in Peru| Arequipa | Lima
Light magnitude 4.3 earthquake at 113 km depth
12 Apr 21:26 UTC: First to report: USGS after 24 hours.
Date & time: 11 Apr 2021 21:40:36 UTC -
Local time at epicenter: 11 Apr 4:40 pm (GMT -5)
Depth: 113.4 km
Epicenter latitude / longitude: 15.9357°S / 72.4977°W (Provincia de Castilla, Arequipa, Peru)
Nearest volcano: Huambo (41 km / 25 mi)
Nearby towns and cities:
8 km (5 mi) SW of Luchea (pop: 37) --> See nearby quakes!
52 km (33 mi) W of Lluta (Caylloma) (pop: 6,000) --> See nearby quakes!
58 km (36 mi) NW of El Pedregal (pop: 20,100) --> See nearby quakes!
80 km (50 mi) NNE of Camana (Camaná) (pop: 16,400) --> See nearby quakes!
107 km (66 mi) WNW of Cono Norte (pop: 47,300) --> See nearby quakes!
114 km (71 mi) WNW of Selva Alegre (pop: 72,700) --> See nearby quakes!
115 km (71 mi) WNW of Arequipa (pop: 841,100) --> See nearby quakes!
115 km (72 mi) WNW of Jacobo Hunter (pop: 46,100) --> See nearby quakes!
117 km (73 mi) WNW of Ciudad Satelite (pop: 76,400) --> See nearby quakes!
653 km (406 mi) SE of Lima (pop: 7,737,000) --> See nearby quakes!
Primary data source: USGS (United States Geological Survey)
Estimated released energy: 1.8 x 1011 joules (49.4 megawatt hours, equivalent to 42.5 tons of TNT) More info
Data for the same earthquake reported by different agencies
Info: The more agencies report about the same quake and post similar data, the more confidence you can have in the data. It takes normally up to a few hours until earthquake parameters are calculated with near-optimum precision.
|4.3||113 km||16 Km ESE of Iray, Peru||USGS|
User reports for this quake
User reports estimate the perceived ground shaking intensity according to the MMI (Modified Mercalli Intensity) scale.There are no user reports for this quake yet. If you felt it be the first to report it!
Earlier earthquakes in the same area since 1900
- 23 Jun 2001 20:33| 8.4 |33km / 21mi|20 years ago|128km / 79mi| South Pacific Ocean, 107 km W of Camana, Arequipa, Peru
- 06 Aug 1913 22:14| 7.7 |25km / 16mi|108 years ago|153km / 95mi| South Pacific Ocean, 120 km W of Camana, Arequipa, Peru
- 07 Jul 2001 09:38| 7.6 |33km / 21mi|20 years ago|184km / 115mi| South Pacific Ocean, 79 km W of Ilo, Departamento de Moquegua, Peru
- 14 Jan 2018 09:18| 7.1 |38km / 24mi|3 years ago|222km / 138mi| South Pacific Ocean, 76 km SE of San Juan de Marcona, Peru
- 12 Apr 1988 23:19| 7.1 |33km / 21mi|33 years ago|141km / 88mi| South Pacific Ocean, 36 km SW of Mollendo, Provincia de Islay, Arequipa, Peru
- 25 Sep 2013 16:42| 7.0 |40km / 25mi|8 years ago|219km / 136mi| South Pacific Ocean, 21 km SW of Atiquipa, Provincia de Caraveli, Arequipa, Peru
- 15 Jan 1958 19:14| 7.0 |64km / 40mi|63 years ago|81km / 51mi| Provincia de Arequipa, 30 km S of El Pedregal, Peru
- 16 Feb 1979 10:08| 6.9 |53km / 33mi|42 years ago|53km / 33mi| 27 km N of Camana, Arequipa, Peru
- 03 Apr 1999 06:17| 6.8 |87km / 54mi|22 years ago|82km / 51mi| South Pacific Ocean, 6.6 km SE of Camana, Arequipa, Peru
- 18 Jul 2017 02:05| 6.6 |10km / 6.2mi|4 years ago|134km / 83mi| South Pacific Ocean, 15 km SW of Atico, Provincia de Caraveli, Arequipa, Peru
Hint: Click on Date/Time to show latest first