Minor mag. 2.5 earthquake - Philippines Sea, 59 km southeast of Borongan City, Philippines, on 13 April 2021 - 05:17 PM (PST) -
Quake Data | Interactive map | User Reports | Earlier quakes in same area | Quakes in Philippines| Eastern Visayas | National Capital Region
Minor magnitude 2.5 earthquake at 33 km depth
13 Apr 09:30 UTC: First to report: PHIVOLCS after 13 minutes.
Date & time: 13 Apr 2021 09:17:00 UTC -
Local time at epicenter: 13 April 2021 - 05:17 PM (PST)
Depth: 33.0 km
Epicenter latitude / longitude: 11.29°N / 125.87°E (Philippines Sea, Philippines)
Nearest volcano: Mahagnao (118 km / 73 mi)
Nearby towns and cities:
33 km (20 mi) NNE of Guiuan (Eastern Samar) (pop: 11,000) --> See nearby quakes!
38 km (24 mi) ESE of Llorente (Eastern Samar) (pop: 7,910) --> See nearby quakes!
40 km (25 mi) N of Sulangan (pop: 3,030) --> See nearby quakes!
41 km (25 mi) ENE of Quinapundan (pop: 3,470) --> See nearby quakes!
47 km (29 mi) ESE of Maydolong (Eastern Samar) (pop: 5,490) --> See nearby quakes!
59 km (37 mi) SE of Borongan City (Eastern Samar) (pop: 16,500) --> See nearby quakes!
94 km (59 mi) E of Panalanoy (pop: 189,100) --> See nearby quakes!
95 km (59 mi) E of Tacloban City (pop: 242,100) --> See nearby quakes!
97 km (60 mi) E of Palo (Leyte) (pop: 17,500) --> See nearby quakes!
645 km (401 mi) SE of Manila (pop: 1,600,000) --> See nearby quakes!
116 km (72 mi) SE of Samar Island (pop: 1,751,300) --> See nearby quakes!
Primary data source: PHIVOLCS (Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology)
Estimated released energy: 3.5 x 108 joules (98.6 kilowatt hours) More info
Data for the same earthquake reported by different agencies
Info: The more agencies report about the same quake and post similar data, the more confidence you can have in the data. It takes normally up to a few hours until earthquake parameters are calculated with near-optimum precision.
|2.5||33 km||028 Km N 57° E of Salcedo (Eastern Samar), Philippines||PHIVOLCS|
User reports for this quakeAt magnitude 2.5, this quake might have been felt very close to the epicenter and under calm conditions.
User reports estimate the perceived ground shaking intensity according to the MMI (Modified Mercalli Intensity) scale.There are no user reports for this quake yet. If you felt it be the first to report it!
Earlier earthquakes in the same area since 1900
- 31 Aug 2012 12:47| 7.6 |28km / 17mi|9 years ago|99km / 62mi| Philippines Sea, 239 km NE of Butuan, Agusan del Norte, Caraga, Philippines
- 19 Mar 1952 10:57| 7.3 |15km / 9.3mi|69 years ago|225km / 140mi| Philippines Sea, 119 km NE of Tandag, Philippines
- 21 Apr 1995 00:34| 7.2 |21km / 13mi|26 years ago|91km / 57mi| Philippines Sea, 82 km NE of Catbalogan, Samar, Eastern Visayas, Philippines
- 31 Oct 1975 08:28| 7.2 |50km / 31mi|46 years ago|140km / 87mi| Philippines Sea, 147 km NE of Catbalogan, Samar, Eastern Visayas, Philippines
- 13 Nov 1925 12:14| 7.2 |20km / 12.4mi|96 years ago|193km / 120mi| Philippines Sea, 22 km NE of Catarman, Philippines
- 11 Jun 1996 18:22| 7.1 |33km / 21mi|25 years ago|167km / 104mi| Philippines Sea, 16 km E of Laoang, Northern Samar, Eastern Visayas, Philippines
- 05 May 1995 03:53| 7.1 |16km / 9.9mi|26 years ago|161km / 100mi| Philippines Sea, 31 km E of Laoang, Northern Samar, Eastern Visayas, Philippines
- 07 Jun 1947 18:47| 7.0 |15km / 9.3mi|74 years ago|133km / 82mi| 8.6 km E of Rizal, Leyte, Eastern Visayas, Philippines
- 29 Aug 1938 15:22| 7.0 |15km / 9.3mi|83 years ago|211km / 131mi| Philippines Sea, 14 km NE of Cataingan, Masbate, Bicol, Philippines
- 21 Apr 1995 00:09| 6.9 |20km / 12mi|26 years ago|84km / 52mi| Philippines Sea, 88 km E of Catbalogan, Samar, Eastern Visayas, Philippines
Hint: Click on Date/Time to show latest first