Light mag. 3.3 earthquake - 10.6 km south of Pyin Oo Lwin, Mandalay Region, Myanmar (Burma), on Tuesday, 13 April 2021 at 12:52 (GMT) -
Quake Data | Interactive map | User Reports | Earlier quakes in same area | Quakes in Myanmar| Mandalay Region | Sagaing Region | Shan State | Nay Pyi Taw
Light magnitude 3.3 earthquake at 10 km depth
13 Apr 14:40 UTC: First to report: TMD after 1 hour and 47 minutes.
Date & time: 13 Apr 2021 12:52:46 UTC -
Depth: 10.0 km
Epicenter latitude / longitude: 21.94°N / 96.45°E (Pyin Oo Lwin District, Mandalay Region, Myanmar (Burma))
Nearest volcano: Singu Plateau (97 km / 60 mi)
Nearby towns and cities:
11 km (7 mi) S of Pyin Oo Lwin (Mandalay) (pop: 117,300) --> See nearby quakes!
38 km (24 mi) E of Mandalay (pop: 1,208,100) --> See nearby quakes!
49 km (31 mi) NE of Kyaukse (Mandalay) (pop: 50,500) --> See nearby quakes!
104 km (65 mi) SE of Shwebo (Sagain) (pop: 88,900) --> See nearby quakes!
109 km (68 mi) S of Mogok (Mandalay) (pop: 90,800) --> See nearby quakes!
122 km (76 mi) ENE of Myingyan (Mandalay) (pop: 141,700) --> See nearby quakes!
133 km (83 mi) NNE of Meiktila (Mandalay) (pop: 177,400) --> See nearby quakes!
137 km (85 mi) E of Monywa (Sagain) (pop: 182,000) --> See nearby quakes!
142 km (88 mi) NNW of Taunggyi (Shan State) (pop: 160,100) --> See nearby quakes!
246 km (153 mi) N of Nay Pyi Taw (pop: 925,000) --> See nearby quakes!
Primary data source: TMD (Earthquake Observation Division of Thailand)
Estimated released energy: 5.6 x 109 joules (1.56 megawatt hours, equivalent to 1.34 tons of TNT) More info
Data for the same earthquake reported by different agencies
Info: The more agencies report about the same quake and post similar data, the more confidence you can have in the data. It takes normally up to a few hours until earthquake parameters are calculated with near-optimum precision.
|3.3||10 km||Myanmar, Myanmar (Burma)||TMD|
User reports for this quake
User reports estimate the perceived ground shaking intensity according to the MMI (Modified Mercalli Intensity) scale.
be the first to report it!There are no user reports for this quake yet. If you felt it
Earlier earthquakes in the same area since 1900
- 12 Sep 1946 15:17| 8.0 |15km / 9.3mi|75 years ago|248km / 154mi| Katha District, Sagaing Region, 482 km N of Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar (Burma)
- 23 May 1912 02:24| 7.5 |15km / 9.3mi|109 years ago|105km / 65mi| 42 km NW of Taunggyi, Shan State, Myanmar (Burma)
- 05 Jan 1991 14:57| 7.0 |19.7km / 12.2mi|30 years ago|194km / 121mi| Katha District, Sagaing Region, 99 km NW of Mogok, Myanmar (Burma)
- 13 Apr 2016 13:55| 6.9 |136km / 85mi|5 years ago|209km / 130mi| Kale District, 76 km SE of Mawlaik, Sagaing Region, Myanmar (Burma)
- 24 Aug 2016 10:34| 6.8 |91km / 57mi|5 years ago|219km / 136mi| Minbu District, 19 km W of Chauk, Myanmar (Burma)
- 11 Nov 2012 01:12| 6.8 |9.8km / 6.1mi|8 years ago|133km / 83mi| 53 km N of Shwebo, Sagaing Region, Myanmar (Burma)
- 16 Jul 1956 15:07| 6.8 |34km / 21mi|65 years ago|74km / 46mi| Sagaing District, Sagaing Region, 39 km NW of Mandalay, Myanmar (Burma)
- 21 Sep 2003 18:16| 6.6 |10km / 6.2mi|18 years ago|239km / 149mi| Magway District, Magway Region, 52 km W of Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar (Burma)
- 08 Jul 1975 12:04| 6.5 |157km / 98mi|46 years ago|188km / 117mi| 43 km W of Pakokku, Magway Region, Myanmar (Burma)
- 15 Jun 1992 02:48| 6.3 |17.3km / 10.7mi|29 years ago|238km / 148mi| Katha District, Sagaing Region, 137 km NW of Mogok, Myanmar (Burma)
Hint: Click on Date/Time to show latest first