Light mag. 3.5 earthquake - 12 km west of Veruela, Province of Agusan del Sur, Caraga, Philippines, on Monday, July 26, 2021 at 18:20 (GMT) -
Quake Data | Interactive map | User Reports | Earlier quakes here | Quakes in or near the Philippines | Caraga | Davao | National Capital Region
Light magnitude 3.5 earthquake at 18 km depth
26 Jul 18:31 UTC: First to report: EMSC after 12 minutes.
Depth: 18.0 km
Epicenter latitude / longitude: 8.1°N / 125.85°E↗ (Province of Agusan del Sur, Caraga, Philippines)
Antipode: 8.1°S / 54.15°W↗
Nearest volcano: Leonard Range (83 km / 52 mi)
Nearby towns and cities:
10 km (6 mi) WNW of Sinubong (pop: 3,340) --> See nearby quakes!
10 km (6 mi) S of Loreto (Agusan del Sur) (pop: 5,730) --> See nearby quakes!
12 km (7 mi) WNW of Veruela (Agusan del Sur) (pop: 18,100) --> See nearby quakes!
17 km (11 mi) WSW of Bunawan (Agusan del Sur) (pop: 15,500) --> See nearby quakes!
24 km (15 mi) WNW of Trento (Agusan del Sur) (pop: 15,900) --> See nearby quakes!
39 km (24 mi) NW of Monkayo (Davao) (pop: 51,400) --> See nearby quakes!
40 km (25 mi) S of Talacogon (pop: 15,600) --> See nearby quakes!
50 km (31 mi) SSW of San Francisco (Agusan del Sur) (pop: 18,500) --> See nearby quakes!
100 km (62 mi) SSE of Butuan (pop: 309,700) --> See nearby quakes!
897 km (557 mi) SE of Manila (National Capital Region) (pop: 1,600,000) --> See nearby quakes!
Primary data source: EMSC (European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre)
Estimated released energy: 1.1 x 1010 joules (3.12 megawatt hours, equivalent to 2.68 tons of TNT) More info
Data for the same earthquake reported by different agencies
Info: The more agencies report about the same quake and post similar data, the more confidence you can have in the data. It takes normally up to a few hours until earthquake parameters are calculated with near-optimum precision.
|3.5||18 km||MINDANAO, PHILIPPINES||EMSC|
|3.5||18 km||Philippines: 009 Km S 09° W of Loreto (Agusan Del Sur)||PHIVOLCS|
User reports for this quake
User reports estimate the perceived ground shaking intensity according to the MMI (Modified Mercalli Intensity) scale.
Earlier earthquakes in the same area since 1900
- 02 Dec 1972 00:19| 8.0 |60km / 37mi|49 years ago|208km / 129mi| Philippines Sea, 77 km SE of Mati, Province of Davao Oriental, Philippines
- 14 Apr 1924 16:20| 8.0 |15km / 9.3mi|97 years ago|155km / 96mi| Philippines Sea, 5.9 km W of La Union, Province of Davao Oriental, Philippines
- 25 May 1943 23:07| 7.8 |15km / 9.3mi|78 years ago|166km / 103mi| Philippines Sea, 71 km E of Baganga, Province of Davao Oriental, Philippines
- 12 Jul 1911 04:07| 7.7 |15km / 9.3mi|110 years ago|147km / 91mi| Philippines Sea, 94 km NE of Bislig City, Philippines
- 15 Dec 1989 18:43| 7.6 |24km / 15mi|32 years ago|100km / 62mi| Philippines Sea, 47 km E of Bislig City, Philippines
- 01 Jan 2001 06:57| 7.5 |33km / 21mi|21 years ago|156km / 97mi| Philippines Sea, 41 km E of Mati, Province of Davao Oriental, Philippines
- 19 Dec 1928 11:37| 7.4 |25km / 16mi|93 years ago|238km / 148mi| 4.1 km NE of Basak, Province of Sultan Kudarat, Soccsksargen, Philippines
- 11 Nov 1921 18:36| 7.4 |15km / 9.3mi|100 years ago|175km / 108mi| Philippines Sea, 96 km NE of Manay, Province of Davao Oriental, Philippines
- 17 May 1992 10:15| 7.3 |33km / 21mi|29 years ago|143km / 89mi| Philippines Sea, 66 km NE of Mati, Province of Davao Oriental, Philippines
- 05 Mar 1984 03:33| 7.3 |649km / 403mi|38 years ago|230km / 143mi| 8.6 km W of Ozamis City, Philippines
Hint: Click on Date/Time to show latest first