Queen of Etna's Caves - Grotta del Gelo
- excursion / hiking to the most beautiful of Etna's lava caves -
However, to get to the cave requires stamina and good physical condition, as it's a 15-20km hike over sometimes rough trails in the middle of endless lava deserts in the most remote parts of Etna and patches of mountain forest.
The tour is suitable for individuals and small groups and are accompanied by our professional mountain guides from Etna who know the volcano like their own pockets.
We organize your transfer to the starting point of the hike half-way up on the northern flank, and provide the necessary equipment to explore the cave (crampoons etc.).
- Hiking through spectacular scenery on Etna's most remote area
- Explore a unique lava tube, filled with a small glacier even in summer
Grotta del Gelo excursion:
Hike to the most beautiful of Etna's lava caves and the southernmost glacier in Europe.
The excursion starts and ends on Etna South at the cable car station "La Sapienza". If you don't plan to bring a rental car (recommended option), we can also organize transfers to and back from there, as well as accommodation on Etna.
Group size: 1-12
Duración: whole day (ca. 9-12 hours)
Fechas:Custom tour dates
Precio (pp): 450 € ?
- Private authorized mountain guide
- Crampoons for the visit of the glacier in the cave