Stratovolcano, volcanic domes 680 m
Dodecanese Islands, Greece, 36.58°N / 27.17°ECurrent status
: normal or dormant
(1 out of 5)Nisyros webcams / live data
| ReportsNisyros volcano books | ToursNisyros volcano eruptions:
- hydrothermic explosions of the crater "Micros Polyvotis"
- hydrothermic explosions
- hydrothermic explosions of the crater "Stefanos"
- hydrothermic eruptions of the Kaminakia craters
- building of postcalderic volcano domes
- effusive eruption of the central caldera of Nisyros ("Upper pumice")
- effusive eruption of the central caldera of Nisyros ("Lower pumice")
- effusive eruption ("Kira-Formation")
- first submarin eruptionsTypical eruption style:
Hydrothermal explosions, effusive volcano, volcano domesLast earthquakes nearby
Nisyros volcano toursAlmonds, olives and volcanoes
(8-days walking & study tour on the volcanic islands of Nisyros & Cos, Greece)Latest satellite images
News from Nisyros volcano
Nisyros volcano (Dodecanese Islands, Greece) activity update
Thursday Dec 13, 2012 11:05 AM | BY: T
Location of recent quakes near Nisyros Island, Greece
Earthquakes have been more frequent recently at Nisyros volcano. 2 more quakes of magnitude 2.1 and 3.1 have occurred today close to the island at depths of about 10 and 20 km, respectively.
Tuesday, Dec 04, 2012
A seismic swarm of 2000 microearthquakes near the island of Nisyros since 24 November could indicate a start of a or coming of a volcanic eruption near Nisyros. ... [more]