Get our newsletter!
Volcano Calendar 2019
: We're proud to present our 2019 volcano calendar: 13 different and attractive images of volcanoes, volcanic landscapes and phenomena taken during volcano tours over the past few years.
: "One of the most eye-catching guides to the world’s volcanoes ever published.
: Our professional team of volcanologists and photographers offers unique travel opportunities: volcano expeditions, photo tours, and relaxed walking & study tours.
The Volcano Adventure Guide
: Excellent information and background for anyone wishing to visit active volcanoes safely and enjoyably. The book presents guidelines to visiting 42 different volcanoes around the world.
21-28 Sep 2019: Pearl of the Aegean - Santorini
- Santorini Island, Griekenland
: ruimten beschikbaar / : gegarandeerd / : enkele spaties links / : geboekt uit
Willekeurige foto 's
Scientific articles about the geology of Milos island:
- Christidis G., Dunhamm A.C. (1993) Compositional variations in smectites: part 1. Alteration of intermediatevolcanic rocks. A case study from Milos Island, Greece. Clay Minerals 1993, June 28, pp. 255-273.
- Fytikas, M., Innocenti, F., Kolios, N., Manetti, P., Mazzuoli, R., Poli, G. , Rita, F. , and Villari, L. (1986>Volcanology and petrology of volcanic products from the island of Milos and neighbouring islets: Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research, v. 28, p. 297-317.
- Georgalas, G.C. (1962) Catalogue of the active volcanoes of the world including solfatara fields; Part XII Greece, International Association of Volcanology, Rome, Italy, 40 p.
- Naden, J, Kilias, S.P., Leng, M.J. and Cheliotis, I. (2003) Do fluid inclusions preserve d18O values of hydrothermal fluids in epithermal systems over geological time? Evidence from paleo- and modern geothermal systems, Milos island, Aegean Sea. Chemical Geology, 197, pp. 143-159.
- Simkin, T. , and Siebert, L. (1994) Volcanoes of the World, Geoscience Press, Tucson, Arizona, 349 p.
Meer op VolcanoDiscovery:
Krakatau volcano photos
: Hundreds of photos from active Krakatau volcano in the Sunda Strait, Indonesia. Most of them taken during our various expeditions to this fascinating volcano.
Volcano Tours on Hawai'i
: The Hawaiian Islands are not only home to the most active volcanoes in the world, Kilauea and Mauna Loa on the Big Island, but also boast a unique natural environment. Born by volcanic activity of a very active hot spot in the middle of the Pacific Plate, they are a showcase of natural history.