The Island of Venus - Milos
- walking & study tour on the volcanic island of Milos, Greece -
- Prehistoric and Ancient Greek settlements
- Active volcanic gas exhalations (fumaroles)
- Old sulphur & managnese-iron mines
- Many beautiful bays and beaches
- Spectacular scenery
- Possibility of discovering minerals (agate, quartz, baryte, perlite, etc.)
- Private boat-trips around Milos
6 days Milos
Arrival on Milos
Half-day walk along the spectacular north coast (ancient obsidian trading center of Phylakopi, Papafrankos and Sarakiniko). Lunch and swim break at Sarakiniko.
In the afternoon, transfer to the capital, Plaka, visit of the charming medieval village, its fortress, the Ancient Acropolis with the Greek theater, the place the famous Venus statue was found, early-Christian catacombes.
Optional scenic hike back to the hotel (or transfer by taxi).
In the morning, visit of an abandoned sulfur mine on the western coast (spectacular scenery).
Transfer to the paradise-like beach of Paleochori, with its hot springs, fumaroles, colorful rocks.
Lunch in a wonderful beach restaurant. Afternoon: swim break, optional 2 hour walk in the area.
Late afternoon: return to Adamas. Visit of the interesting Mining Museum before dinner.
Full-day private boat tour around the island with its spectacular volcanic coastline. Delicious lunch on board. Free evening.
Visit of Tsingrado explosion crater, Kalamos lava dome with active fumaroles.
Lunch and swimming break at a beach. Short hike and 4x4 drive to Cape Vani, visit of the abandoned manganese-baryte mine.
Transfer to airport / port, or own extension.
Depends on your arrival at Athens aiport. There are two possibilities how to get to Milos. You can get a direct flight to Milos airport or you can take a ferry boat from Piraeus harbour (about 4-7 h to Milos Island). It is possible to get earlier to Athens and to stay one or more nights there for sightseeing. A hotel room in Athens is about 80-120 € a double room.
Duur: 6 days / 5 nights
Datums:Aangepaste en groep datums
Prijs (pp): on request
- 5 nights accommodation in double room
- Half board
- All transfers from and to Milos airport or ferry port
- All transfers by taxi, jeep, bus and boat on Milos
- 1 day boat trip
- English-, German- and Greek-speaking VolcanoDiscovery guide