Get our newsletter!
Volcano Calendar 2019
: We're proud to present our 2019 volcano calendar: 13 different and attractive images of volcanoes, volcanic landscapes and phenomena taken during volcano tours over the past few years.
: "One of the most eye-catching guides to the world’s volcanoes ever published.
: Our professional team of volcanologists and photographers offers unique travel opportunities: volcano expeditions, photo tours, and relaxed walking & study tours.
The Volcano Adventure Guide
: Excellent information and background for anyone wishing to visit active volcanoes safely and enjoyably. The book presents guidelines to visiting 42 different volcanoes around the world.
: имеющиеся помещений / : гарантировано / : осталось несколько мест / : забронированы
Scientific articles about the geology of Milos island:
- Christidis G., Dunhamm A.C. (1993) Compositional variations in smectites: part 1. Alteration of intermediatevolcanic rocks. A case study from Milos Island, Greece. Clay Minerals 1993, June 28, pp. 255-273.
- Fytikas, M., Innocenti, F., Kolios, N., Manetti, P., Mazzuoli, R., Poli, G. , Rita, F. , and Villari, L. (1986> Volcanology and petrology of volcanic products from the island of Milos and neighbouring islets: Journal of Volcanology and Geothermal Research, v. 28, p. 297-317.
- Georgalas, G.C. (1962) Catalogue of the active volcanoes of the world including solfatara fields; Part XII Greece, International Association of Volcanology, Rome, Italy, 40 p.
- Naden, J, Kilias, S.P., Leng, M.J. and Cheliotis, I. (2003) Do fluid inclusions preserve d18O values of hydrothermal fluids in epithermal systems over geological time? Evidence from paleo- and modern geothermal systems, Milos island, Aegean Sea. Chemical Geology, 197, pp. 143-159.
- Simkin, T. , and Siebert, L. (1994) Volcanoes of the World, Geoscience Press, Tucson, Arizona, 349 p.
Подробнее о VolcanoDiscovery:
Try our new app!
: Volcanoes & Earthquakes - our new free App for Android shows the latest earthquakes and active volcanoes on a map and as list, as well as volcano news from all the world. You can filter the data shown in various ways, e.g. by magnitude or age of earthquakes, the distance from your location, the status of volcanoes and so on.
Latest quakes at Katla volcano
: One of Iceland's most active and dangerous volcanoes is showing signs of unrest and statistically due for a new eruption. Earthquakes could give a clue.
Volcano Calendar 2018
: We're proud to present our 2018 volcano calendar: 13 different and attractive images of volcanoes, volcanic landscapes and phenomena taken during volcano tours over the past few years.
: Guatemala - a land of volcanoes and the colorful Mayan culture with incredible variety. A dream destination for volcano enthusiasts and photographers!