Volcanoes of Peru
- 12-days study & walking tour to Peru's active volcanoes -
- The historic center of Arequipa, "The White city", built in volcanic sillar rock – UNESCO World Heritage
- The majestic El Misti volcano – a perfect symmetrical stratovolcano dominating the town of Arequipa with the prominence 1,785 m
- Moon landscapes of the Ubinas volcano - the most active volcano in Peru, possibility to climb the top.
- Amazing scenery of the Volcano valley formed by endless number of lava domes and scoria cones, one of the most interesting geological formations one can see.
- Colca Canyon – the second deepest canyon in the world with condors - the biggest birds.
- 3 full days/nights camping at the foot of active Sabancaya volcano (its name means "tongue of fire" in Quechua Indian language)
- High-mountain natural hot-springs
- Abundant Andian wildlife – flamingo, condors, lamas, alpacas, vicuñas
- Traditional home stay with local people and food
12 days Peru
This is the planned program for our pilot tour:
Arrival at the Arequipa airport, transfer to the hotel.
Free day in Arequipa
Drive from Arequipa to Ubinas base camp. There are a lot of beautiful places to see on the way: views from the back of Misti volcano, Chachani and Pichu Pichu Mountain, Misti geological faults, the pre-Inca terraces of Chiguata and Cachamarca sector, Queñuales forest trees and fauna. Visit Salinas Salt Lake to see pink flamingos.
Climbing Ubinas, visit the second crater, walk to the small volcanic sand hills. Return to the camp and departure to Arequipa
Full day trip to Andagua. On the way: visit of Corire - Majes valley and walk around unique the Toro Muerto petroglyphs. Stop at Jurasic park known as Qerulpa, where the tracks of the Dinosaurs were founded. Pass by different small valleys and villages, ascend to the base of the 3rd highest peak in Peru -Paso Coropuna (4930 m) and descend to Andagua (3580 m).
Trekking in Andagua valley. Explore 2 small extinct volcanoes “Los Mellizos” (Twins). Trekking through the Valle de los Volcanes. Drive down to valley of Ayo (1950 m) known for its vineyards, where good artisanal vine and Pisco (grape brandy) is produced. Wine tasting in the local shop. Short walk to see the mysterious and blue waters of Mamacocha lagoon (1690 m).
Deprture from Andagua. Short uphill trek to “Mirador de Antaymarca” to take good pictures of volcanoes. Drive through cactus forest to the point of 4700 m, then descend to Lorocca lagoon (4500 m) and drive to Caylloma.
Drive to the upper section of the Colca canyon, then to the beginning of Quebrada Carhuasanta (up to 5000 m). Nice uphill trekking to the first 900 m of the Amazon River. Downhill off-roading to the hot spring in Chivay.
Transfer to “El Mirador Cruz Del Condor”. A short and alternative trekking along the canyon to arrive to the Condor cross viewpoint - to be able to see the Condors very close. Drive to Cabanaconde (3280 m) and then up to Laguna de Mucurca (4308 m) for nice picture and video of the Sabancaya volcano from the northwest section
Drive around to different points to get different views of the Sabancaya volcano.
Enjoy staying near Sabancaya. Photo sets. Departure to Arequipa.
End of the tour. For the tourists who are not staying further on their own, airport transfer will be provided.
The tour starts and ends in Arequipa, where the first, second and last night of the tour is. Participants arrive to the hotel (on their own expences), where they will be met by the guide.
Tour type: Walking & study tour: nature & culture - active volcanoes
Group size: 3-6
Duration: 12 days / 11 nights
Dates:3-14 Apr 2020
Price (p.p.): 3490 € ?
- Private 4x4 transportation.
- English-speaking guide.
- Camping gear (tents & sleeping mats).
- Entrance to archaeological sites and national parks.
- Food on the mountains according tour itinerary.
- Drinking water for whole trip.
- Cook service on the mountains only.
- Cooking and dine tent.
- Table and camping tables for Ubinas and Sabancaya.