Frequently asked questions about volcanoes
Updated: Aug 14, 2022 10:11 GMT - Refresh
Volcanoes: general questions
- What is a volcano?
- Where are the most active volcanoes?
- Why are volcanoes called active even when there is no eruption?
- Has worldwide volcanic activity been increasing recently?
- How do you know when a volcano is not going to erupt anymore?
- How would you find out if a volcano was going to explode?
- How dangerous are volcanoes?
- What are volcanic rocks?
- What are fumaroles?
- What are the relationships between geysers and volcanoes?
Volcanoes: facts and figures
- How many volcanoes are there in the world
- How many volcanic eruptions occur every year?
- How many volcanoes can erupt at once?
- How many volcanoes have been active in 2019 or another year? (stats)
- Which is the world's largest volcano?
- Which is the world's highest volcano?
- Which was the world's biggest eruption?
- Which is the most dangerous volcano?